Coach Of The Year??

Guest Bridge City Card

I also believe the question was coach of this year.

Past records don't count in coach of "the" year because we are talking about the best job done this year.

That said, many did a good job,but because of the record this year, and the teams they have played, my vote has to go to Coach Fuller. 

My candidates would be Sutherland (HJ), Joubert (KZ), Foster (Big Sandy), and Hargreaves (EC). It's true all these schools have great programs year in and year out, so some would say it's not the coaches. But these 4 coaches do a great job of building a program from the lower levels all the way up, and every year they have a full varsity squad that know how to play and can do it for 32 minutes. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Sutherland has coached at three of these schools.

And I have to give an honorable mention to the force behind West Hardin's fabulous season ....

Brandon Letsinger

Their (WH) record would not be what it is had Fuller not been the fire behind the whole team, as great as Letsinger is , this team needed this coach at this time.

And again I thought this was about coach of the year. Not decade or century.

Just what I thought it said.

Here are my thoughts (in no particular order)

Sutherland (HJ)- Good team, but gets alot out of his "role" players

Simon (Westbrook) - Did a good job in a year that not much was expexted.

Knowles (Kelly) - Lost Brown, and has put up a 20+ win season yet again, playing some pretty good teams.

Fuller (WH) - Hard to argue about the success they are having.

McCarter (WOS) - Has had to deal with more drama in one year than most coaches do in a career... and still will make a good run in the playoffs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83