LC-M 3 Nederland 2 Final

It was a classic LCM Nederland matchup, both teams going at it hard.

WP- Ehlert

LP- Smith

HR- Martin

Bears had 6 hits- Schnieder 2, Martin 2 , Lemoine, Dugas

Nederland had 4 hits 2 -DB's

I hate to say it but the calls behind the plate were terrible for both sides and it takes away from a hard fought battle by the kids.

Nederland is good and will likely only have 1 District loss when the Bears go to Nederland.

Guest bulldogsbaseballfan

LCM got out play , the bulldogs won't let it happen at home .the only way they can win is by the umpires help.all yall can talk about is the LCM PLAYER WHAT about the nederland player .they get no credit soph. Aaron McFarland hit a double off the wall in right center to score there first run.The LCM player and fan are bad sport.they argue every call until they got some lucky call. the batter in the last inning didn't get hit by the pitch because if he did he would have went to first on his on . he went after the umpire told him to .so that tell me he didn't get hit.the other one was a foul tip that the umpire said it wasn't (lucky for LCM)

Neither team played their best and the plate ump was horrible with BOTH teams getting the bad calls. Regarding the LCM fans being bad sports what about the cheap shot to the LCM catcher? Seems to me that was poor sportsmanship. at it's worst. #1 had plenty of time to avoid that obvious plow. THAT was the incident that set LCM off. Nederland has a strong team for sure but you get what you put out and you can't expect a to win a game when it's played like that.

He was tossed in the final inning. I think he did it to fire up his team for the final inning

That's quite a price to pay to get your team fired up:

1) A trip to the states capital with your superintendant, your athletic director, and your principal.

2) A reprimand in the leaguer.

3) Probation and the pressure to have no more problems for the duration.

I don't buy it that any coach gets tossed to get his team fired up.

:D Just another typical matchup between two of the state's POWER HOUSE PROGRAMS !!!! :D.. I feel for coach Robbins because no-one gave them a chance this season after he graduated his starting team last season.. I think he has shown that he is probably the best coach in the area and will likley move on to the next level.... :shock:

:shock: :shock: After last seasons melt-down, LCM sure did deserve this one. The next matchup should be like the Central vs Ozen basketball game with none of you :twisted: "Crazy Mommas and Daddies" :twisted: and just let the kids play the game the way it was ment to be played :lol:

As everyone has agreed, the plate umpire last night was pathetic. His strike zone moved from pitch to pitch, there were times he looked as if he was watching another game. He was equally pathetic for both teams. What got Coach Robbins was the first call of a passed ball when it was obviously a foul tip. That is what set him off. He was already gone when the second terrible call of a hit batsman occurred in the 7th. Fortunately for LCM (and unfortunately for Nederland) these were the two calls that made the difference in the game. Yes, Nederland's defense in the last 2 innings left something to be desired, but it would not have come down to that had these poor calls not occurred.

It will be a different story when LCM comes to Nederland!!!!

Bears, I must not have made my point clearly enough........while both teams had to put up with the poor balls and strikes calling, Nederland had the 2 critical, game changing calls occur to them, costing 2 runs.

I am not whining and even if I was it would not change the fact that the "W" is in the LCM column, LCM obviously has a great team. It is a shame that, let's see, I think the words were something to the effect that a "gutless dog" was behind the plate. I think there might have been a few more adjectives added to that description last night, but that is as far as I will go here.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami