Houston College Classic

PhatMack19

PM - after watching this weekend, how good is this A&M team? I know the schedule hasn't been the toughest but to be undefeated in this sport 15 games in is pretty impressive regardless. I haven't seen them yet.

They hit the ball better than any Aggie team in recent memory. They already have more homeruns as a team 15 games in than they did all of last season. Pitching is above average, but we don't have multiple major league arms like in the past. Defense played well yesterday, but still makes me nervous.

Childress has recruited a bunch of small, fast guys in the past and relied on pitching. When the bats changed we had to get 3 singles in a row to score and runs were tough to come by. This team is a lot more balanced with power and speed. The SEC is pretty tough, but A&M does avoid series with #1 Vandy and #2 Florida this year which should help their record in the end. They should be in the running to host a regional and Super if they make it.