Amazing Technology

Mr. Buddy Garrity

It is mostly a waste of money. If it only videos when the Taser is activated, you will likely only see the incident a second or two before the darts are deployed. All you will probably see is the darts striking the suspect and it is not like that won't be known anyway and the barbs will let you know that the Taser has penetrated the skin. The Taser already and for a long time has shown the date and time of usage and how many times and for how long it was fired. It is part of our policy to upload the data when the Taser is used. The only difference the camera will show is the darts hitting. That is hardly going to end any debate whether deploying the Taser was improper as whatever happened beforehand to cause the use of force will not be on the video.

More feel good expensive toys to try and appease some groups. I am not against using them and you can replace my Taser with a new one today. I could care less but I also believe that it will not show what happens to cause the Taser to be used in the first place.