Cedar Park vs Ennis for the 5A Div 2 Title

CP-TWolf

Being an Aledo fan, I have a little first hand experience with both teams.  Haven't seen Ennis play since Aledo played them in the semi-finals last season.  The final score didn't reflect how close the game was.  Ennis held Aledo's record setting offense to just 29 points, but Aledo played great defense and forced two key turnovers.  I know Ennis graduated some players since then such as Terence Williams (Baylor). 

Saw Cedar Park in McLane Stadium to open this season and they gave Aledo a great game.  CP took a 10-0 first quarter lead and Aledo had to come from behind with barely a minute left to win.  Then the game came down to a pass batted down in the end zone.  I think it's fitting that both Aledo and CP are playing for state championships this weekend.

Being an Aledo fan, I have a little first hand experience with both teams.  Haven't seen Ennis play since Aledo played them in the semi-finals last season.  The final score didn't reflect how close the game was.  Ennis held Aledo's record setting offense to just 29 points, but Aledo played great defense and forced two key turnovers.  I know Ennis graduated some players since then such as Terence Williams (Baylor). 

Saw Cedar Park in McLane Stadium to open this season and they gave Aledo a great game.  CP took a 10-0 first quarter lead and Aledo had to come from behind with barely a minute left to win.  Then the game came down to a pass batted down in the end zone.  I think it's fitting that both Aledo and CP are playing for state championships this weekend.

Agreed 1000%. I was hoping that they would meet up again in the title game for a rematch but we will have to wait until next year. Vandigrift has about 200 more students than CP does so we went into the D2 side of the bracket. Both 5A games are going to be exciting to watch. My hopes are that CP and Aledo will come out on top and play the first game of next year (be it with different SR's) but still should be a great game. I am sure temple and Ennis will have lots to say about that outcome. Good luck to all teams and here's to all the kids being safe and healthy for great games.