LIBERTY PANTHERS

ladybug33

Have any bonds been proposed and passed in Hardin Jefferson? 2014 Will be a banner year for the Hawks this season.

Passed one before the 2009-2010 school year for the new high school. Still trying to pay that off. I believe it was last year or the year before they tried to pass another one for a new middle school, but it didn't happen. I think you wait a few years before you try again, and then piggyback money for a new stadium onto the bond for the new middle school.

Passed one before the 2009-2010 school year for the new high school. Still trying to pay that off. I believe it was last year or the year before they tried to pass another one for a new middle school, but it didn't happen. I think you wait a few years before you try again, and then piggyback money for a new stadium onto the bond for the new middle school.

Any donations from the Doguet Family from Nome,TX to help HJISD's request for a new Football Facility? I see HJ moving up to 5A in a few years due to the open enrollment policy that they installed. Basketball has always been king out there but football is bout to very key around Sour Lake

The last bond was passed in 2007.
We will not let enough student transfer to make us grow that high. We won't hire more staff to satisfy transfers. They will be denied in grades that are full. It will make transfers become very competitive though, we only approved just over half of applicants for this school year.

We will not let enough student transfer to make us grow that high. We won't hire more staff to satisfy transfers. They will be denied in grades that are full. It will make transfers become very competitive though, we only approved just over half of applicants for this school year.

That's a good deal!

Was it passed in '07? I knew they didn't get started on the work from the school until after '08-'09 school year. HJ only employs the top applicants for teachers as well. I know first hand those candidates are lining up at the door if a teaching position opens up. I don't think HJ wants to grow it's size to move into 5A. Unless people just start moving into the district, I think they will keep enrollment close to where it is.

Any donations from the Doguet Family from Nome,TX to help HJISD's request for a new Football Facility? I see HJ moving up to 5A in a few years due to the open enrollment policy that they installed. Basketball has always been king out there but football is bout to very key around Sour Lake

If I remember correctly, HJ Athletic boosters raised enough money to build a brand new baseball field. I know it would be a bit more of task, but I think with some nice contributions, a new facility could be put in place. I think it would be a few years though - have to make sure they're going to win games like this every year.

Was it passed in '07? I knew they didn't get started on the work from the school until after '08-'09 school year. HJ only employs the top applicants for teachers as well. I know first hand those candidates are lining up at the door if a teaching position opens up. I don't think HJ wants to grow it's size to move into 5A. Unless people just start moving into the district, I think they will keep enrollment close to where it is.

You're right about the size, and if more people move in, we will accept less transfers.
I believe that there are around 150 total transfers students throughout all the grades. So average around 11 or 12 per grade.

You're right about the size, and if more people move in, we will accept less transfers.
I believe that there are around 150 total transfers students throughout all the grades. So average around 11 or 12 per grade.

Correct. I believe there are a few more in the younger grades than the older ones but don't hold me to that. 

If I remember correctly, HJ Athletic boosters raised enough money to build a brand new baseball field. I know it would be a bit more of task, but I think with some nice contributions, a new facility could be put in place. I think it would be a few years though - have to make sure they're going to win games like this every year.

The baseball field does not have lights yet. The parents, I believe, are the ones that raised most of the money. This project still needs to be completed.