How many guys can bench 300 lbs?

gringo

New Caney has a girl that can.

New Caney senior Courtney Gathright broke a world record with her lift of 300.8 pounds at the WABDL World Championships in Las Vegas.

The article is in the East Montgomery county Observer

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:Xq1DYSvMXSEJ:www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm%3Fnewsid%3D17634751%26BRD%3D1574%26PAG%3D461%26dept_id%3D533543%26rfi%3D6+courtney+gathright&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Caney has a girl that can.

New Caney senior Courtney Gathright broke a world record with her lift of 300.8 pounds at the WABDL World Championships in Las Vegas.

The article is in the East Montgomery county Observer

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:Xq1DYSvMXSEJ:www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm%3Fnewsid%3D17634751%26BRD%3D1574%26PAG%3D461%26dept_id%3D533543%26rfi%3D6+courtney+gathright&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

Well now, that is an amazing kid! Not just for her obvious and unusual talent of strength, but man, she can do everything, even music.....sounds like a great kid. Good luck in college, at whatever you decide!

Well now, that is an amazing kid! Not just for her obvious and unusual talent of strength, but man, she can do everything, even music.....sounds like a great kid. Good luck in college, at whatever you decide!

And if you criticize her music, she can stomp a hole in you.    ;D

Any of you guys see Mark Henry of Silbsee lift? I was judged a few meets and even 18-20 years ago he was lifting un-godly amounts. This young lady must be extemely strong!

I benched over that amount several years ago and now a need surgery of both shoulders.

Kids just keep getting bigger, faster and stronger.

When I was in High School 4.4 was exceptional fast. Now half a High School team runs 4.4.

The exceptional kids now run 4.2. It is crazy!

I'm so old and out of shape that I can't even bench the BENCH!!

(Now, I don't care who you are, that there's funny.)

I can lift two 100 pound potato sacks at the same time.

One of these days I am going to start putting some of the potatoes back in the sacks and see what I can do then.  ;D

Guest Wildcat 08

Any of you guys see Mark Henry of Silbsee lift? I was judged a few meets and even 18-20 years ago he was lifting un-godly amounts. This young lady must be extemely strong!

I benched over that amount several years ago and now a need surgery of both shoulders.

When I was in High School 4.4 was exceptional fast. Now half a High School team runs 4.4.

Mark was incredible.

there are no kids that run a 4.2

we had some that ran like 4.3's there may even have been a 4.2 ... not sure... but i know for sure of at least 1 or 2 that ran a 4.3 at HJ...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder