Ned/Baytown Lee

jake94

With two huge emotional wins over the past two weeks, Big Ned has a short turnaround for a Thursday road game at Stallworth and are in an obvious "letdown" spot. I hope we come out with intensity and put this game away early. What's your prediction on this game?

I will go with the Dogs 38-14 and hopefully some playing time in the 4th quarter for guys we don't see much.

I know nothing about Lee except that they are at the bottom of our district. Need to start #12 @ QB and give Sage a rest. He could still play defense. Or this could be the game you practice those unusual plays to see how well we execute them. Need to stay sharp though, so maybe Sage should play QB.

Lebaron will get his shot, but if we are able to get a lead and let Sage sit, Smith is the guy. He actually needs to play a few series when the game is still undecided to get his rhythm, Neumann typically doesn't throw the balk when bes up big. Smith has earned it and we may need him down the road.

Not saying he should play over Smith in mop up duty...just wasn't sure if that actually went through and if the kid was playing Varsity or getting reps on JV...I wouldn't be upset to let Smith throw the ball around some even if Ned is up comfortably (even though I know Neumann won't do that) just so the receivers get a few more reps catching a pass with left-handed spin.

Nederland 49
Lee 6

And I can tell you it could be more but Neumann is classy and won't run up the score on people.

You are correct in that...I remember a game against Lumberton 2 years ago where he pulled the starters for the entire 2nd half and never attempted one pass in the second half...hopefully, this game gives Nederland a chance to go at it hard for a half and then play everyone in the 2nd half and rest some lingering injuries...not saying that is what will happen, just that it would be nice...too much at stake to take anyone for granted