A Game

If you think about it, we actually have the greatest opportunity as well as obligation as fathers, mentors and coaches! We have been blessed by God with the opportunity to utilize a sport to connect with the future of our nation, cities, schools and leaders! I know that deep within my heart and yours that most of us participate and volunteer because we truly love our children and want to see them learn from this game called football! Yes guys it's a GAME. A game that can open the door to many avenues which can direct our youth toward a path that may have never been available before! A Game that is supposed to teach: Teamwork, Respect, Discipline and Honor and what are we doing with it? Are we truly utilizing this opportunity or are we squandering it away with no remorse because were too focused on a trophy or another story to brag on at work! Listen I'm not pointing fingers because we have all made mistakes. Serious thought, can we as grownups refocus on what God has commissioned us to do and that's to enjoy our children and to raise them to be a positive contribution to themselves, their family, community and country! Football is only a game, one that we all enjoy and have grown to love and I think it's time we get back to the heart of it all and stop all this nonsense were committing in front of our sons and daughters! We can all do better! We can all make a difference, but first we need to regroup and do this the right way! So with that said let me be the first to wish everyone good luck tomorrow and to let you know that I will be praying for us all that we may be able to do better and make the STJFL league better for our kids and those that are to come! God bless!!