CROSBY vs KINGWOOD PARK

cougar14

Crosby hasn't played their best on Thursday nights in Turner and there's another cat fight on the horizon. They almost lost to KP in 2012 on Thursday night and played below average against Humble Thursday night before last. KP is salty on defense as usual and the Crosby offense has left some things to be desired in recent games. Crosby qb, Tristan Cotton, threw for over 300 yards with 4 tds last week and will need to have another good performance against KP and UTSA qb commit, Jaylon Henderson.

This is the last game before Crosby's bye week and their matchup with Dayton so I hope the Cougars can work out whatever kinks they need to and make it to the showdown on Crenshaw unblemished. Does Code Red keep rolling or does KP pull off the upset in front of the home crowd?  

KP gave up 51 at home to Huntsville and was held to 17 by Humble while allowing Humble's offense to put up nearly 400 yards and 23 points. Barring turnovers and drops, I don't see the Cougars having much trouble with this one. I just hope the kids aren't looking past KP and forward to Dayton.

KP gave up 51 at home to Huntsville and was held to 17 by Humble while allowing Humble's offense to put up nearly 400 yards and 23 points. Barring turnovers and drops, I don't see the Cougars having much trouble with this one. I just hope the kids aren't looking past KP and forward to Dayton.

Allowing Humble that much O jumped out at me as well. I think Crosby has their way offensively at times and wins by 14+.

let them over there tell it the twins should be at Bama

The difference between Austin and Tray can be exampled over the last two weekends. Williams got 24 carries on Porter in a game that was over in the first quarter. He got 18 more on New Caney in another blowout. Austin got 5 and 3 carries respectively in those games last year. Aston's numbers could've also been crazy. People are probably telling you they were the best show around for the last three years, not that they should've gone to 'Bama. You should know first hand though.

What you need to worry about is why Tray Williams got shut down against New Caney? If that's all he can get on us King will lose. Giving up over 600 combined yards to NCISD doesn't look too either. Hopefully both teams make it through healthy for the last game.

The difference between Austin and Tray can be exampled over the last two weekends. Williams got 24 carries on Porter in a game that was over in the first quarter. He got 18 more on New Caney in another blowout. Austin got 5 and 3 carries respectively in those games last year. Aston's numbers could've also been crazy. People are probably telling you they were the best show around for the last three years, not that they should've gone to 'Bama. You should know first hand though.

What you need to worry about is why Tray Williams got shut down against New Caney? If that's all he can get on us King will lose. Giving up over 600 combined yards to NCISD doesn't look too either. Hopefully both teams make it through healthy for the last game.

no doubt about it Twin was a good back but having played against him in games and then having to go up against Tray only when he was a freshman in practice there's no question in my mind who the better back is. From my knowledge my senior year at king we held crosby to 8 points at halftime , we just couldnt score. With that being said Tray will score at least twice against crosby

cougar14, on 29 Sept 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:snapback.png

What you need to worry about is why Tray Williams got shut down against New Caney? If that's all he can get on us King will lose. Giving up over 600 combined yards to NCISD doesn't look too either. Hopefully both teams make it through healthy for the last game.

King has a balanced attack and can use Tray in different ways.  However, there is no I in team.  With this years team it is a case of pick your poison.  

no doubt about it Twin was a good back but having played against him in games and then having to go up against Tray only when he was a freshman in practice there's no question in my mind who the better back is. From my knowledge my senior year at king we held crosby to 8 points at halftime , we just couldnt score. With that being said Tray will score at least twice against crosby

Once Tray gets to 6000 yards it will be a discussion. It's a little premature to compare their status as high school backs now. Austin put up some of his biggest numbers in Crosby's biggest games, Tray's numbers get padded on bad defenses. He is more highly recruited because he's bigger and projects better though.

cougar14, on 29 Sept 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:snapback.png

King has a balanced attack and can use Tray in different ways.  However, there is no I in team.  With this years team it is a case of pick your poison.

No doubt, King looks versatile. I just see 7 offensive points the last couple of years versus Crosby's defense and feel confident about how they matchup with King's offense. Crosby does well against the run and so far in district play opposing qbs are 9-43 with 2tds and 5 picks against our secondary. Lots of work to before a matchup with King though.

Nederland
Angleton
Barbers Hill
Humble
Galena Park

That looks pretty difficult but the tough part is still yet to come. I believe they still have both New Caney teams as well as KP left as far as contenders. Gonna be tough sleddin' to go undefeated after they luckily squeaked past Humble!!😳😳😳