21-5A STATS

cougar14

The individual stats are off for a bunch of kids but the team totals should be correct. King is averaging 61 ppg and just shy of 600 ypg. Tray Williams already has over 1000 yards rushing at the midway point for most teams in the district. Crosby is making a statement with 21-5A's #1 ranking in team total defense giving up just over 200 ypg and 12.4 ppg. It's going to be an interesting finish.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=Leaders&Sport=1&TeamID=137&SchoolID=&Season=2014&DistrictID=9&SearchDate=09%2F27%2F14&SearchDateEnd=09%2F27%2F14&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Leaders

Seems like the only team that will have a definite playoff win over 22-5a is King based off the early numbers. I wanna see these numbers mid-october for both districts.

The only two teams that should give us trouble are PNG and Central but I think Central would have all sorts of issues with Humble's athleticism. I think Crosby, Dayton and King all win their first round matchups. I think Ned dropping 50 on another potential playoff team over there says a lot about the strength of that district after they were held in the 20's by the worst defense in our district. I know teams improve, but so do the ones over here.