Will Ray Rice Play in the NFL Again? Should He Play Again?

So many others lose their job due to stupid comments or actions on their "off time" often arguing "freedom of speech" which does not apply. Naked pictures of teachers on-line....Donald Sterling comment in his own home...and the list is endless....

Gotta start somewhere. No time better than the present. How dumb is it to say, well he did it and got away with it, why can't I? The problem is not that Ray got suspended, it's that it hasn't been looked at as serious in the past....In fact, I think the all sports, youth, High School, College, and Professional should take the tuff stance starting today and clean up sports for good.

Violent and drug crimes are the norm among talented athletes at all levels...and they get away with it...protecting the all mighty win.......I vote it ALL ends now!

In fact, I kinda like the Yankee's rule of no long hair, ear rings...etc. You don't get to "express" yourself...you get to PERFORM as you're getting paid to do...period!

I agree with that last paragraph especially. One of the few things I liked about Steinbrenner's early reign of the Yankees. And high school and college coaches do it all the time. Discipline can be taught in many forms and hopefully spills over into other parts of life. And a lot of these problems occur because the players are severely lacking in self-discipline.

One other thing. The NFL needs to be careful about trying to pigeon hole certain actions into a CBA set punishment. That was a ridiculous endeavor to begin with. For instance, I have seen guys arrested and charged with DV for grabbing/bruising their significant other's arms. Let's say a couple is arguing and the woman is trying to leave (although the stories generally differ from whom you are speaking, let's use the woman's version). The man grabs her by the wrists/lower arms to prevent her from doing so. In so doing, she has finger prints on her wrists/forearms. He is arrested for domestic violence is causing "injury" to his mate.

I am not saying this isn't a wrongdoing on the man's part, but does he deserve the same punishment as Rice who took a full swing at his fiancé, and knocked her out. Like in the law itself, some offenses have to be evaluated on a case by case basis. We have great ranges in punishments for a lot of offenses for that reason alone (some as great in this state as 5 to 99 years). The league puts itself in these positions for setting punishments before the crime IMO.

One other thing. The NFL needs to be careful about trying to pigeon hole certain actions into a CBA set punishment. That was a ridiculous endeavor to begin with. For instance, I have seen guys arrested and charged with DV for grabbing/bruising their significant other's arms. Let's say a couple is arguing and the woman is trying to leave (although the stories generally differ from whom you are speaking, let's use the woman's version). The man grabs her by the wrists/lower arms to prevent her from doing so. In so doing, she has finger prints on her wrists/forearms. He is arrested for domestic violence is causing "injury" to his mate.

I am not saying this isn't a wrongdoing on the man's part, but does he deserve the same punishment as Rice who took a full swing at his fiancé, and knocked her out. Like in the law itself, some offenses have to be evaluated on a case by case basis. We have great ranges in punishments for a lot of offenses for that reason alone (some as great in this state as 5 to 99 years). The league puts itself in these positions for setting punishments before the crime IMO.

Fair enough (to some extent) Whereas in society we might can (or even have to) have levels of punishment (not that I agree as discussed in another thread). But FOOTBALL (or any job) is not a constitutional right....you can be fired for tarnishing your employers name, happens all the time. 

you can...and should have a ZERO tolerance for acts against another person (assault, rape, murder, etc)...these people make ALOT of money...take behavioral therapy if your parent(s) didn't teach you better.

I call it the meat grinder rule....from a male perspective I'd ask on any given situation.....

Can you get drunk enough or mad enough to put you male parts in a meat grinder? IF the answer is NO (and I'm sure MOST are not no...but H3LL NO)- then there is ZERO excuse for hitting or raping or murdering, etc. Because for some reason you are in enough control of yourself not to use the meat grinder....but not in enough control not to do those things......BS!

I call it the meat grinder rule....from a male perspective I'd ask on any given situation.....
Can you get drunk enough or mad enough to put you male parts in a meat grinder? IF the answer is NO (and I'm sure MOST are not no...but H3LL NO)- then there is ZERO excuse for hitting or raping or murdering, etc. Because for some reason you are in enough control of yourself not to use the meat grinder....but not in enough control not to do those things......BS!

I don't condone hitting women, but that is a terrible analogy. I've never had a meat grinder cuss, yell, scream, or physically assault me.

I don't condone hitting women, but that is a terrible analogy. I've never had a meat grinder cuss, yell, scream, or physically assault me.

Very contradicting! You don't condone it, yet you give reason (excuses, and not very good ones) where you insinuate it may be ok to do so...cursing, screaming, yelling is good enough to hit anyone...musch less a woman? OK!.......only if you are facing physical assault to the point of SELF DEFENSE would it be justifiable and then only to the extend to do just that DEFEND.

I've heard some say: If she puts herself in a mans place by_______. Anyway that's the dumbest, most cowardly statement I've ever heard - PERIOD!

Unless a weapon, or in some cases, the woman is larger and more controling than the man would this even apply. Whereas, I hardly believe that woman had Ray in that situation.

Very contradicting! You don't condone it, yet you give reason (excuses, and not very good ones) where you insinuate it may be ok to do so...cursing, screaming, yelling is good enough to hit anyone...musch less a woman? OK!.......only if you are facing physical assault to the point of SELF DEFENSE would it be justifiable and then only to the extend to do just that DEFEND.

I've heard some say: If she puts herself in a mans place by_______. Anyway that's the dumbest, most cowardly statement I've ever heard - PERIOD!

Unless a weapon, or in some cases, the woman is larger and more controling than the man would this even apply. Whereas, I hardly believe that woman had Ray in that situation.

This is easy: A man NEVER hits a woman.