Abuse of power??

People do it everyday.

No they don't. They criticize from afar.

I can almost guarantee that if he (or any other officer) had to contend with a non-involved guy in his face during a traffic stop or any other contact, that guy would be quickly sent packing or be in handcuffs.

I totally disagree. What you see is a snapshop, just a split second in time. The "tussel" began, and the player grabbed the other by the top front edge of the shoulder pads and slung him to the ground. How can I tell? Look at the players right leg, its up on its tiptoe, you can see the momentum. What you see is slinging motion in action, not a strangulation.

Negative if it was that quick the player on the bottom would not have had time to put both hands on the aggressors arms. It is obvious the kid on the ground is trying to get the grip loose of the other kid! And yes I don't care if there was a janitor down on the field somebody should have stopped it that's crap! Absolutely when it's done it's done I agree the constable should not have any interaction with the refs not constables business after the kids are separated. Just because you are on the football field it doesn't give you immunity from choking someone.

I think it was long since over. The refs had already thrown the flag and were assessing or had assessed a penalty. The constable didn't like the call.

It wasn't any of his business as he wasn't rushing to someone's aid but arguing with refs.

There was no "absolutely stopping it" in the equation.

Maybe those refs can follow the constable around when he is on patrol and when he makes a traffic stop, they can watch over his shoulder and throw a flag if he or the driver gets out of line. It makes about as much sense.

lmbo rotfl this just won post of the century. Personal foul unnecessary speeding ticket

If he is strangling him,I don't think you would be able to see his wrist ... i would think his wrist would be behind the face mask think about the distance between the neck and the face mask and think about taking your hand and strangling someone your palm will be flat against the neck... which would put the wrist under the jaw... and this young man on the ground clearly has a grip on the young man standing above him's wrist... 

Negative if it was that quick the player on the bottom would not have had time to put both hands on the aggressors arms. It is obvious the kid on the ground is trying to get the grip loose of the other kid! And yes I don't care if there was a janitor down on the field somebody should have stopped it that's crap! Absolutely when it's done it's done I agree the constable should not have any interaction with the refs not constables business after the kids are separated. Just because you are on the football field it doesn't give you immunity from choking someone.

If he was strangling you wouldn't see his wrists for sure.  Second it looks to me like his hands are on the top of his chest.  Looks to me like some one just got drove to the ground.  If he was strangling him I can promise you there would have been coaches if not a few players that would have come to his aid.

Should the Constable have gone on the field? No.
Did most ot the people in the stands have a still photo to analyze and dissect? No.
In real life and at game speed, it did not look good.
Was the account of what happened reported accurately in the Houston media? Not close.
From my understanding, the situation has been dealt with.
It is Friday in Texas and there are some good football games that deserve to be talked about much more than this.