Ben Carson's Major Announcement...

smitty

My guess is that, if he runs, the left will find something in his past.  Perhaps a patient who may have died on the operating table ( who had little hope of surviving anyway).  Dr. Carson will be "painted" as somehow incompetent and without compassion.  This scenario would only come to pass if the left can't find a woman who , for a "small sum", is willing to contend that she was groped by Dr. Carson and was subjected to "suggestive" remarks.

My guess is that, if he runs, the left will find something in his past.  Perhaps a patient who may have died on the operating table ( who had little hope of surviving anyway).  Dr. Carson will be "painted" as somehow incompetent and without compassion.  This scenario would only come to pass if the left can't find a woman who , for a "small sum", is willing to contend that she was groped by Dr. Carson and was subjected to "suggestive" remarks.

You never stop stop huh. I hear a lot about Obama being unqualified... Ben is seriously unqualified. Or it don't go both ways.

You never stop stop huh. I hear a lot about Obama being unqualified... Ben is seriously unqualified. Or it don't go both ways.

If Ben is seriously unqualified having run an entire medical department at one of the top hospitals in the country for many years....then yes, you are correct, running the neighborhood picnic for a few short years is seriously unqualified...I agree with you!

If Ben is seriously unqualified having run an entire medical department at one of the top hospitals in the country for many years....then yes, you are correct, running the neighborhood picnic for a few short years is seriously unqualified...I agree with you!

cute way to answer my question is Ben qualified yes or no.

cute way to answer my question is Ben qualified yes or no.

By what standards? The standards that were set by electing this president? The answer is more than qualified, since the president has been set, or in other words, the bar lowered, he is MORE than qualified.

Having said that, NO, I do not think so, IMO. I like him, I like his credentials. His education, work ethic, family value, etc....but not qualified to run this country....but hey, that hasn't stopped some people from getting elected.

Is Dr. Carson a natural US citizen? If he is, he would be qualified. We had a Hollywood actor come in and do a better job that a peanut farmer and a community activist. While I have a lot of respect for Dr Carson and like what I hear when he speaks, I want to know more before I jump on anybody's band wagon. I liked what I heard from Herman Cain until we found he couldn't keep his pants up. You can bet your boots that the media will dredge up something on any conservative candidate

Is Dr. Carson a natural US citizen? If he is, he would be qualified. We had a Hollywood actor come in and do a better job that a peanut farmer and a community activist. While I have a lot of respect for Dr Carson and like what I hear when he speaks, I want to know more before I jump on anybody's band wagon. I liked what I heard from Herman Cain until we found he couldn't keep his pants up. You can bet your boots that the media will dredge up something on any conservative candidate

and fox (the media) didn't dredge up with Obama birth certificate, Muslim etc. Don't act like it's a one way street.

PAM, I guess the salient point is:  Would the NAALCP, or anyone who voted for and supported obama, not back Carson because he might not be qualified?  It didn't stop them concerning obama.  Just curious.

Obama sure aint qualified and the only way to see if Ben is is to give him the job see what he does cant screw it up any worse than Obozo has! Personally I think one should have had to serve in the military to be commander and chief  and definitely not a white liberal puppet! 

and fox (the media) didn't dredge up with Obama birth certificate, Muslim etc. Don't act like it's a one way street.

PAM, if you remember, Hillary Clinton was the Democratic frontrunner until Oprah backed Obama. She got the ball rolling and it never stopped. In my opinion, Obama didn't get the scrutiny any other candidate recieved. While questions arose about his birth certificate, his past associates, his college days or any other number of things; the mainstream media never truly investigated Obama. From now on, I do hope any candidate, Dem or Rep goes through the process and any skeltons in the closet exposed. I'm glad it happened with Cain and if there is any dirt on Carson, I hope it is exposed. If Dr. Carson is truly a good guy, that will come out too.

PAM, I guess the salient point is:  Would the NAALCP, or anyone who voted for and supported obama, not back Carson because he might not be qualified?  It didn't stop them concerning obama.  Just curious.

dude you should wake up and realize nobody gives a crap about the naacp. Who cares what they do. And blacks will vote for the candidate that favors them like any other voter.

How so?

sigh....I have had this discussion on this forum before, but here I go again. Mr. Carson was able to survive his childhood because his mother received food stamps and other forms of government assistance. (He might've starved to death if she didn't have access to these programs.) He said that his grades improved dramatically because of a government program that allowed him to get free glasses YET he now opposes government programs that assist the poor. That is hypocritical. :(

Hmmmmmm.......Big Girl..........what I have read about his early years his mom was left to raise the boys alone. She worked 2 and 3 jobs a day to have money for them. Now if she had food stamps and medical assistance that is wonderful. I know of no one that is against helping someone that is doing all they can but needs a little assistance. What myself and most conservatives I know do not like are the mom/dad laying around the house doing nothing for themselves or their kids demanding the government pay them.