Spanking of 8-year-old boy for cursing was not excessive, court rules

LumRaiderFan

All child abuse cases are subjective. What appears to be abuse to some people is not to others and the facts may or may not comply with the law in that state. 

In TX law it says that you cannot create serious bodily injury to a child even for discipline but someone has to sit in judgment what is SBI according to the definition in the law. It is the same way with all laws. 

When I was younger, I worked in a day care for a couple of months. Their was a child who couldn't sit down. When asked why, it was found that his bottom was black and blue with several areas of broken skin. To me, that is child abuse.

Another incident, a friend came to me about her boyfriend leaving blood blisters on her child. She wanted to know what she should do. I called CPS and they told me that they would send a caseworker to the home to instruct the offender on how to properly discipline a child. I'm sure the boyfriend was furious.

You should never spank a child when your enraged, but most will discipline while "in the moment". I have 2 kids that push ALL my buttons, but I have never once abused them. NO EXCUSE FOR CHILD ABUSE!

......................... I have 2 kids that push ALL my buttons, but I have never once abused them. NO EXCUSE FOR CHILD ABUSE!

But if you are much as slapped one without leaving a single mark, some would claim that is child abuse. 

Kind of hard not to leave a hand print, but that goes away. It hurts me a heck of lot more than it hurts them. When your daughters on the floor throwing a fit over hair, sometimes all you got is your hand. Breaking the skin is excessive, and IMO child abuse.

While in the grocery store one afternoon, I was on an isle with a father who was pushing a small boy in a basket. The child was acting horrible. After several verbal discipline attempts, the father started popping legs. Someone actually stopped him. I don't consider that child abuse. I probably would have taken the child in the bathroom so as not to disturb the public, but other than that, nothing wrong with it.