BigGirl Ain't Gonna Like This...

smitty

The employment rate is 6.1. Nash I want you to give me a list of part time jobs monthly added to the economy during every presidents tenure.

I would sure give your hero nobama moe credit than that! Even though his policies have been job destroyers, he has not quite put 94% of the country out of work yet!

I think I could secure those numbers if I wanted to but don't want to go to that much trouble.  But I would be willing to go to that much trouble just as soon as you DOCUMENT your allegation that the $17 trillion dollar debt does not exist.  I will give you one interesting little tidbit- When George Bush took office, he inherited a recession from his predecessor ( not blaming Clinton just describing the circumstances).  In 2003, when the recession recovery began, GDP for the nation that year was 4.3%.  GDP for 2013 came it at 1.9%..  And there were no 2.9% quarterly GDP contractions during the Bush Administration.

Your friend that works in finance?  Is that the one who had his car repossessed?  And so now you want to create this little game where I say something, then you call your "finance friend" and he comes up with a question for you to ask me?  I have a better idea, have him get an identity and jump on this board with the rest of us.  I will be more than happy to exchange thoughts with him.

I already know he is not sufficiently familiar with the debt.  It's over 17 trillion and you cant alter that and neither can he.  Wikipedia states that the current debt is 17.6 trillion.  US govtdebt.com has it pegged at $17,799,568,001  I believe I will accept those calculations  over your friend in finance.  Furthermore, you aren't skipping out on your denial of our debt.  I'm not going to let you.  I saved the original post and all the attempted camouflage will be a failure. 

But, by all means, start a new thread on whether or not the debt or deficit is more important, and we will discuss it.  Its much better to do that than to let you think you are going to get away with the $17 trillion denial by changing the subject.

Nash, it was not my objective to disprove your 17 trillion debt. I simply went along with Big girl/little brain's 16 trillion to show even at that amount how much it would take to pay it off. The article is from 2012 so it is probably correct for that time.

Your friend that works in finance? Is that the one who had his car repossessed? And so now you want to create this little game where I say something, then you call your "finance friend" and he comes up with a question for you to ask me? I have a better idea, have him get an identity and jump on this board with the rest of us. I will be more than happy to exchange thoughts with him.

I already know he is not sufficiently familiar with the debt. It's over 17 trillion and you cant alter that and neither can he. Wikipedia states that the current debt is 17.6 trillion. US govtdebt.com has it pegged at $17,799,568,001 I believe I will accept those calculations over your friend in finance. Furthermore, you aren't skipping out on your denial of our debt. I'm not going to let you. I saved the original post and all the attempted camouflage will be a failure.

But, by all means, start a new thread on whether or not the debt or deficit is more important, and we will discuss it. Its much better to do that than to let you think you are going to get away with the $17 trillion denial by changing the subject.

no this guy has a mba in finance. He said you probably know more about micro economics as opposed to macroeconomic, because you dont know what you are talking about.

no this guy has a mba in finance. He said you probably know more about micro economics as opposed to macroeconomic, because you dont know what you are talking about.

100 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities.  We just learned we lost 500,000 more full time jobs.  Also, the work force participation rate is 62.8% (shameful).  One doesn't have to have a degree to understand something's wrong.  But, the only ones that usually have a problem with understanding this is the "Low Information Voters."   But, the education continues.   :)

Big Girl- There are people in the Whitehouse with MBAs in finance, so don't get too overly impressed with having an MBA in finance.  Once again, have your friend get on this board without you running as the go-between and distorting what each of us has to say.  If he has an MBA in finance and says the debt is "around 16 trillion" he is simply out of touch or not telling the truth.  Neither is OK.  If he says I don't know what I am talking about, why don't you point out the fallacy in my comment?  By the way, throwing words like macroeconomics and microeconomics is not very impressive particularly when the one who utters them hasn't the faintest idea what she is uttering.  So you want to know what the debt was under Bush?  You already know this- if not by your own research you certainly got it from your friend who has his MBA and is a macro expert.  But I don't mind walking into the trap.  When Bush left office the debt was around 10.8 trillion.  When Mr. Obama campaigned, he told us that at the end of his first term, the debt would be cut in half.   Instead of being cut in half, its up by about 70%.  You cant change it.  Your friend cant change it.  It simply is what it is.  I know I have said all of this before but I have repeated it because I know how badly you and "your finance friend" need the statements from me in your attempt to discredit them.  While you are busy doing so I will contact the former drummer in my high school rock group who is now a professor of Finance and International Business at the Stern Business School within New York University and seek his advice on how to respond to your "friends" questions.  I have a lot of faith in him as he has been a consultant to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors and the World Bank and is the author of fifteen books dealing with finance.  I have learned quite a bit from him and find him to be a great ally in such situations.

Don't have to take my word for it - the nation is 17 TRILLION IN DEBT, REGARDLESS of who your friend it, what education he has, and whether or not the deficit is declining.  You PERSIST in trying to disavow the debt and it wont work.  If your friend doesn't know what the debt is , then you and he are about the only ones that don't know.  One more thing, it doesn't matter if one understands microeconomics or macroeconomics or both, the debt is STILL in excess of 17 TRILLION ( note my prior posts showing Wikipedia and usgovtdebt.org which shows the total this morning to be $17,804,109,507,000 regardless of what your friend thinks/guesses.