Obama and the VA ( March 2007 campaign speech)

stevenash

Just watched a video of Mr. Obama campaigning for the Presidency before he was elected.  He stated that he led an effort to make things for Veterans better.  He stated he would build a 21st Century VA and give it equal priority to building a 21st century military to fight our wars.  Add more vet centers,  No more red tape,  No more short falls.  I will build on the work I did in the senate to make things better for our veterans and there will be comprehensive reform.  My Secretary of Veterans Affairs will be just as important as my Secretary of Defense.  The VA will also be at the cutting edge of my plan for universal health care , with better preventive care, more research and specialty treatment, and more Vet Centers, particularly in rural areas.

Can anyone, in any way, even a small way suggest to me that this was anything more than words.  (  I know, I know, its somehow the fault of Bush)

This is just more proof that the government (regardless of party) in most cases, is considerably less competent than the private sector is.  And yet, so many are willing to tolerate this and believe that they can continue to receive benefits from "the other guy" and also give full support to those who want to increase the size of this inefficient and unaccountable behemoth.    Is anybody ever going to understand that the country cannot be moved forward simply by promising the have nots that the government is going to take more of what the haves own and give it to them?