Dauphine to make college commitment June 27

Just my opinion but I believe the early commit process puts a lot of pressure on kids.  I know it is very competitive, but the current recruiting process sometimes forces kids and some families to make early decisions that are not best for the kid.... So later on when other offers, maybe better offers  come in they do what is best for them and flip.  Is that right??  

Just my opinion but I believe the early commit process puts a lot of pressure on kids. I know it is very competitive, but the current recruiting process sometimes forces kids and some families to make early decisions that are not best for the kid.... So later on when other offers, maybe better offers come in they do what is best for them and flip. Is that right??

Another side of that is the big head syndrome. Ive seen it time and time again the kids dont play their last year with any fire and dont listen to their coaches. Detremental to their team and safety. A kid can get hurt faster playing half speed. There are exceptions though. I.e. Earl Thomas, and hopefully D.Thompson

Another side of that is the big head syndrome. Ive seen it time and time again the kids dont play their last year with any fire and dont listen to their coaches. Detremental to their team and safety. A kid can get hurt faster playing half speed. There are exceptions though. I.e. Earl Thomas, and hopefully D.Thompson

Great point!  A lot of that is perpetuated by the media.  Like setting dates for making a verbal commitment when kid has already committed.  

ESPN doesn't help create any of this either. Plus how much money did Lebron give to the boys and girls club in Cleveland from "The Decision"? Best player in the NBA probably deserves a press conference.

at that time Kobe was the best player, can be argued KD was but the current MVP never requested a presser, he just signed the contract lol…… but anywho, I think since Baylor is in the conversation he might flip to them. Having 2 former Titans there helps also.

ESPN doesn't help create any of this either. Plus how much money did Lebron give to the boys and girls club in Cleveland from "The Decision"? Best player in the NBA probably deserves a press conference.

Something like $2.5 million. People never say anything about that though.

might not be a bad idea at this moment, these Baylor fans are going nuts over Dauphine and Kam after some of the things I've read today. Sheesh.

My experience is rarely do these kids "reopen" their recruiting and stay with their original commitment. If Baylor is a better fit for him, he should go for it. Better to switch now than to make a decision you aren't sure about. I just don't think I would be waiting around for the bomb if I'm Kliff.