Name that President

TxHoops

It really goes against my better judgment to continue this debate, particularly after saying I wouldn't, but out of respect for the Lovelady family and in full recognition of how much disinformation Big girl usually posts, I'll give this one more shot.

I guess I am unpatriotic... I am sad that the kid was forced to go out there for nothing. His death is senseless and I feel for his parents.

Victor Lovelady wasn't a kid, he was fully grown man. He wasn't a soldier fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan, he was an employee of an energy company working in Algeria. Please, do some research before you try to respond to something, especially when you risk erroneously commenting on something as significant as the unnecessary death of one of our fellow Southeast Texans.

http://news92fm.com/319799/family-friends-react-to-death-of-nederland-man-in-algerian-gas-plant-attack/

The number of terrorist attacks each year has more than quadrupled in the decade since 9/11, according to a study launched today.

The Global Terrorist Index showed that in 2002 there were 982 separate attacks. By 2011 that had risen to 4,564.

Researchers suggest the U.S. military interventions pursued as part of the West's anti-al Qaeda 'war on terror' may have made terrorism worse.

And yet within the US, the country that spearheaded the response to terrorism, the number of annual terrorist attacks hit an all-time low in 2006 and is still lower now than it was 40 years ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/17/four-decades-us-terror-attacks-listed-since-1970

It really goes against my better judgment to continue this debate, particularly after saying I wouldn't, but out of respect for the Lovelady family and in full recognition of how much disinformation Big girl usually posts, I'll give this one more shot.

Victor Lovelady wasn't a kid, he was fully grown man. He wasn't a soldier fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan, he was an employee of an energy company working in Algeria. Please, do some research before you try to respond to something, especially when you risk erroneously commenting on something as significant as the unnecessary death of one of our fellow Southeast Texans.

http://news92fm.com/319799/family-friends-react-to-death-of-nederland-man-in-algerian-gas-plant-attack/

And yet within the US, the country that spearheaded the response to terrorism, the number of annual terrorist attacks hit an all-time low in 2006 and is still lower now than it was 40 years ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/17/four-decades-us-terror-attacks-listed-since-1970

Just in case BigGirl missed it.........

This is how an intelligent person responds to a post, note the reference links.

I don't know him, but if he was there in any capacity becsuse of the wsr, I think his death is tragic.

Am I to take that to mean that since he wasn't there for any reason relating to the war, his death either isn't tragic or is less tragic to you? Because that's certainly the way that statement reads.

The debt didn't triple during Reagan's presidency, the deficit did.

Reagan may have raised taxes eight times, but the cumulative hike in those taxes still never came anywhere near the tax rates at the beginning of his presidency. The net cut that was a result of his presidency was still substantial.

The day Bush left office, the national debt stood at approximately $10.63 Trillion. Today, it stands at approximately $17.55 Trillion. $6.92 Trillion of the total national debt, or 39.4% of the total debt accumulated in the entire history of the United States, has been borrowed during the five and a half year tenure of Obama. By comparison, Bush added $4.9 Trillion in his eight years, or 27.9% of the total debt.

Since we were talking numbers....

It WAS the debt which tripled under Reagan...since we're talking numbers....