Jon Singleton up! Agrees to 8 year $35 Million deal.

Think you're being a little harsh? Lol I mean I don't support what WAS his lifestyle at all. But he's made changes and will help this team tremendously. I understand your concern but lighten up a little huh? Lol

I was really just joking. Hopefully he has his life straightened out and can be successful for the Astros for many years to come.

Yeah, I saw Mulder and Bud Norris tweeting about how it was a bad deal for him. Glad he wasn't greedy though.

Bud Norris just flat out doesn't like Houston's front office...he has taken several shots at them since even before he was traded...glad we got rid of him and got a LHP in Josh Hader as part of the return that could be twice the starter Norris is

Yeah, I saw Mulder and Bud Norris tweeting about how it was a bad deal for him. Glad he wasn't greedy though.

I don't think they were really worried about Singleton. They were more upset at what his contract might do for other rookie contracts down the road.

The market determines the player salaries. His contract helped owner's and GM's set "market" prices.