Predictions for 2014 season.

He's also the best coach in Texas. (My opinion)

Jury is still out on that one.  He was 11-2 at A&M with the Heisman Trophy winner at QB.  He had a good run at Houston as a position coach but had Keenum - another really good college QB - and and weak league.

Do I think he is a good coach and will be a good coach - you bet.  But best in Texas - I think Briles, Sumlin and Strong might have a say in that - and Patterson at TCU has not been a slouch either.

His main problem may well be Lubbock, Texas - it is way out there.

Briles maybe, but Sumlin won't be a good coach until he gets his players in line. Getting arrested all the time is just... It starts with leadership.  I don't know about Coach Strong because we'll have to see how he does at Texas.

You may be right about Sumlin at this time while I like him I have questions myself - he has had a rash of player issues this year and not that many in the past at Houston or at A&M (except JFF which was not really issues except 1 it was him just not keeping his twitter feed off) so is it his management style of just a run of questionable actions by a few players - time will tell.  As far as win loss he is 20-6 at A&M in the SEC - not a bad start.  He was 35-17 while at Houston - in a much weaker conference - but that still gives him a 55-23 record which is not bad at all.

How will the rigors of the SEC play into his legacy we will see - it will be rough at times I assume.