I think all kids in High School should see this, it is a mock DUI situation that is put on at schools across the area to illustrate the effects of drinking and driving as part of the Shattered Dreams Program.  This one is put on at Hardin Jefferson High School , with participation by local fire, EMS and Sheriff's departments.  Strong stuff.  Here is the link to the video and article.

http://www.theexaminer.com/stories/news/shattered-dreams-hardin-jefferson-high

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWLLHjKpYtA

I don't think they would like what we see. But then again, being 18 so many think they are bulletproof and won't change until it personally affects them.

I don't know,  seeing that video is pretty powerful and seeing it for real would probably wake some of them up.  Same thing with the scared straight program where they bring in at-risk teens and show them what jail is really like.

Aledo did this last week... I personally find it cheesy and non-effective due to the fact that everyone participating is a "hardcore partier".  I'm never going to drink alcohol so it really has no use for me personally, but if it saved one life I guess it's a good thing.

Death is a tough thing period...when someone dies each day in an accident, they did not wake up thinking this would be their last day......... .hopefully it will make the people participating think.....

Death is a tough thing period...when someone dies each day in an accident, they did not wake up thinking this would be their last day......... .hopefully it will make the people participating think.....

And I forgot to say, they could have ridden with Hippie in his former life and seen some nerve shattering scenes................. 

I don't think they would like what we see. But then again, being 18 so many think they are bulletproof and won't change until it personally affects them.

I think that it would matter to some. It is like workers at any location. Maybe 20% will always do the right thing, 20% are impossible to manage and will always do something wrong and the rest will follow how they are led. 

There are people that will simply chose to not drive intoxicated. Others will drive DWI and nothing will change them. Others might slow down and look at their options and at the very least, not get into a vehicle where they know the driver is intoxicated. 

The only ones that can be changed are the ones in the middle and that goes for employees at a company or kids deciding to drive or ride with someone while DWI. Those are the ones targeted as nothing can change the other two extremes.

I will never understand why someone takes that risk. I know way too many people who have, and they have no idea how lucky they are.

They take the risk because it always happens "to the other guy". No one would get in a vehicle if they were reasonably certain that they would be in an accident. 

They take the risk because it always happens "to the other guy". No one would get in a vehicle if they were reasonably certain that they would be in an accident. 

When I worked for the Ambulance service we did not wear our seatbelts until right before I left......I knew cops that would not wear them......I heard all kind of excuses why.....wanted to be able to "escape"

Same thing when drinking.......except you get brave after a few drinks.......

When I worked for the Ambulance service we did not wear our seatbelts until right before I left......I knew cops that would not wear them......I heard all kind of excuses why.....wanted to be able to "escape"

Same thing when drinking.......except you get brave after a few drinks.......

I could never figure the escape excuse.  

You laugh, but in the middle of a pursuit I was right behind the lead car. The bad guys rammed a gate and as the lead car went through the gate, it kicked up and lodged the front wheels of the lead patrol car. It locked the tires and caused them to flip upside down into a canal. They both said how disorienting it was an how difficult it was to escape. Not an excuse to not wear it, but just pointing out that has happened. Dang that was probably 15-17 years ago too; I need to retire.