Long Over Due...

smitty

All it takes is a catalyst to get the correct conversation going.  First the states take over the land. And, second, sell the land to private interest as much as possible.  Again, "why" do the Feds want to own/control so much land (80% in Nevada) in America?

In the communist manifesto, karl marx stated, "The theory of the communist may be summed up in the single sentence, Abolition Of Private Property."   But -- Americas' founding father, John Adams, stated, " Property must be secured or liberty cannot exist."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/57836973-90/utah-lands-lawmakers-federal.html.csp 

The fed gov has no business owning land...the states should manage all property within their boundaries that isn't private property.

So they can evict our navy from their nuclear bases in Virginia as state's rights? 

Then maybe our national parks like the great ones here in TX and maybe the Grand Canyon can be sold to the highest bidder because a state (like CA or NY) is mismanaged and is in dire need of money? 

So they can evict our navy from their nuclear bases in Virginia as state's rights?

Then maybe our national parks like the great ones here in TX and maybe the Grand Canyon can be sold to the highest bidder because a state (like CA or NY) is mismanaged and is in dire need of money?

Yep, National forests should go back to and be managed by the states...the National Forest Service, directed by Congress, does a pathetic job of efficiently managing the timber/assets that could be a tremendous asset for states.

All it takes is a catalyst to get the correct conversation going.  First the states take over the land. And, second, sell the land to private interest as much as possible.  Again, "why" do the Feds want to own/control so much land (80% in Nevada) in America?

In the communist manifesto, karl marx stated, "The theory of the communist may be summed up in the single sentence, Abolition Of Private Property."   But -- Americas' founding father, John Adams, stated, " Property must be secured or liberty cannot exist."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/57836973-90/utah-lands-lawmakers-federal.html.csp 

I see none of our liberal friends here are touching the "bold" sections.  

Yep, National forests should go back to and be managed by the states...the National Forest Service, directed by Congress, does a pathetic job of efficiently managing the timber/assets that could be a tremendous asset for states.

As opposed to some states like I have listed?

Sorry but government is government. None of it is efficient. I see that you also didn't mention taking away our military bases.  I was responding to your statement that the US government should not own any land. I disagree and there are some things that they should own. How much and for what reasons would definitely but up for debate however you said they should not own land. I think they should and I don't think anywhere near a majority of people want all federal lands given up. 

As opposed to some states like I have listed?

Sorry but government is government. None of it is efficient. I see that you also didn't mention taking away our military bases.  I was responding to your statement that the US government should not own any land. I disagree and there are some things that they should own. How much and for what reasons would definitely but up for debate however you said they should not own land. I think they should and I don't think anywhere near a majority of people want all federal lands given up. 

I agree that the fed gov should own and maintain missile sights, military bases and other facilities for national security (actually in the Constitution)...I was more referring to the National Forests/Parks, BLM. 

I don't think it should have ownership of million of acres that should belong to and be managed by the states.