If you had to choose one....

Silly question. Most are, or try to be, power pitchers with workable offspeed stuff. A few have legit breaking ball or change up. The seven behind the pitcher play a big part, allowing him to pitch to contact, instead of overpower a hitter. This helps the pitcher last longer, in the game and the season. But the biggest asset to a pitcher, and the one who can make a good pitcher look great, and a great pitcher look not so good is the one behind the plate.    

The set up, glove movement after a catch, framing, and even the catchers demeaner can open up or shrink the strike zone.

Another way to make you call is do you want a guy that throws 96-100 mph and can only give you 3-4 innings or a guy throwing low 90's that can go the distance?  IMO I'll take the guy that can go the distance with a solid catcher behind the plate anyday.  Kolek or Foshee would be GREAT choices I'll be a homer and go with TEXAS Commit Chase Shugart from BC, Kids flat out brings everything he has 100% of the time. :D

Would be very difficult to not pitch Kolek.  I haven't seen a lot of the pitchers mentioned here and I know there are a whole bunch of quality pitching in our area (always is), but let's be honest, the type of pitcher Kolek is, doesn't come around very often.  I wouldn't argue that every pitcher listed here is a definite quality pitcher, but I would start the 100 mph guy....I think disregarding knowing some of the pitchers listed makes a few of us "fans" and would sway our thought process, even come up with reasons why our hometown guy might be better than the others, but outside looking in (none of my hometown guys are listed here), Kolek would be most baseball people's choice.

BTW...I would take ANY of the pitchers listed so far to start for my team any day.

Tyler Kolek. Hands down. Ethan Franklin is a hell of a pitcher and probably the second option without a doubt. But Tyler Kolek is throwing 95-98 AND controlling it. That's the reason he's a projected 5-10 overall pick in the draft. There's no one around here that can come very close to him.

The kid mentioned from Tarkington (Evans) is simply a gamer. He probably can't break 85, but he had three good pitches working that night and was just not going to be beaten. A much better catcher than pitcher.

Saw Kolek pitch again last night, 12 k in five innings. His control is much better than ever before and he is starting to mix in a pretty good slider and the occasional change. The sky is the limit for this kid. He is on another planet right now.