Huskers Proday yesterday.

Taylor Martinez displays exceptional athleticism

Posted: March 6th, 2014 | Gil Brandt | Tags: NebraskaQuincy EnunwaSpencer LongStanley Jean-BaptisteTaylor Martinez

Taylor Martinez played quarterback at Nebraska — starting 43 games at the position during four seasons with the Cornhuskers — but might be a man without a position as an NFL draft hopeful.

Martinez (6-foot 1/4, 201 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 and 4.6 seconds. He had a 39-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-9 broad jump. He had a 20-yard short shuttle time of 4.03 seconds and did the three-cone drill in 6.85 seconds. All of those numbers with the exception of the three-cone would have either been the best among quarterbacks or matched the best among quarterbacks at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Martinez worked out as a quarterback, wide receiver and defensive back at Nebraska’s pro day. Some NFL team will have to take a look at Martinez and decide what to do with him because he’s such a gifted athlete.

Martinez is a spoiled brat. Didn't he get chewed out by Pelini because he was talking to his dad on the phone in the locker room during the A&M game?

Baptiste will be a pretty good corner in the NFL

LOL as are alot of rich kids that are great athletes. He did get his rear end ripped on the sideline of the A & M game as have many Huskers that Pelini has coached.  But just cause you get your butt chewed doesnt make you a spoiled brat.

I think Armstrong will be a good QB. Abdullah, and Cross will be a good RB combo for them next season.

I love to go to Lincoln September 20th. I hear a lot about their classy fans

Absolutely true about Husker fans. Without a doubt the best I have ever encountered (in Austin and at the big 12 championship games). They are the best in CFB IMO.

I would love for Martinez to have a career in the NFL. Maybe he can make the transition ala Hines Ward and Brad Smith. More don't make it than do but it can be done.