Looks like a bomb went off here....

CAL2TEX

No, last time was 2009 23-7 ;) and next time will be in 2014, after they beat Crosby.

Ned has never beaten Crosby without the Twins. They just don't matchup very well with us for whatever reason. Our o-line steamrolled Ned last year and that was with Washington and Malveaux. Opi just squatted 700 at the last meet and Murphy got 2nd in super-heavy as a sophomore, what do you think these boys are going to do the the fresh meat put in front of them opening night? Rene Rodriguez will be even better this year too, not to mention all those boys go about 270+. Crosby will run the ball at will on Ned the way they always have except for 2012 when we played our first game with the new coach. The qb won't be as well known but he played in 10 games last year and is faster with a better arm. Nederland is a very hard place to play though, and I'm sure Neumann doesn't want to start the season in the woodshed again so I expect a well contested game from both teams.

Ned beat Crosby 21-7 year before last at Nederland. O-line will be the strength for Crosby next year. Things they'll have to fill are punter, improve on the D line, and linebackers.

That's why I said "they never beat Crosby without the Twins" so Ned fans wouldn't say "y'all had the Twins though". Austin had a great game last year but the Merka and Casey temas were undefeated against Ned.

So your predicting Crosby to beat Ned this year coug14??

Yeah, we've beaten them every time we've played them except 2012. The game being in Nederland is the only thing could keep us under 40. Ned is going to struggle getting pressure on Cotton but if they do, he can run just like the Starks, Merka and Aston could. He can throw better than all of them though which is what I think Riordan would rather do in order to keep his backs healthy until playoff time. The offense will once again be potent, but as usual, Crosby will only be as good as our defense allows us to.