Try Outs for Prospects 12U Baseball Team is only 7 Days Away!!!

[color=red][size=18pt][color=red][size=18pt][center]Just a Reminder[/center][/size][/color][/size][/color]

I am glad the season is starting back up, and what better way to start the season than with TRY OUTS?

[color=purple][size=24pt]7 days from now - AUGUST 18 *NEXT SUNDAY* - 2:15 - 4 pm @ PN-G High School *It's never a bad idea to come early and stay later
[/size][/color]
[color=navy][font=times new roman][size=14pt]If you have any interest in joining this team and being apart of the '3 Year Varsity Project' - Do not miss this try out

Please email me if you have any questions - I will be there all day Sunday to answer/discuss any questions anyone may have.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=red][size=18pt][b][u]Remember - Next Sunday!  There are 0 roster spots inherited, so everyone that attends has a fair shot at making this team[/u][/b][/size][/color]

- Coach BJ Myers

[email protected]

No. Cages are always good to have just a lot of quality swing though. As long as it is structured correctly, it is a good practice. Can't let it turn in to just 'swings' and a 2 hour 'babysitting' session. Always looking to have a field practice as priority and a couple times a month or rainy days move in doors

I appreciate the support utabuta

Indoor practices at Athlete's will be utilized for classroom discussions, strength training, conditioning, and primarily individual game skills development.

Outdoor practices will be very regular (weather permitting through the season) with emphasis on scenario work and team 'choreography' for plays.

Expect every effort to scrimmage the local teams during the season, especially between tournaments.

I don't know how the other coaches handled their business, and I have absolutely zero to say criticizing their work.  From what I seen and heard, they are all high quality people who know the game.

I work very differently than coaches you are use to, so I can't speak as to "how will it be compared to last year" - all I can give you is my word that things are operated differently.

More will be explained during the try out and during the season, but I will mostly work through my baseball beliefs in teaching these kids the game I love.

I believe in being the best by playing the best (expect tough scheduling)
I believe you get better through continual exposure to real-game situations (expect scrimmaging in between tournaments, along with many outdoor practices discussing decision making)
I believe in fostering an extremely competitive atmosphere (expect tough and rewarding practices)
and I also believe that talking can be just as strong a workout as throwing a bull pen (expect classroom settings to discuss the game, and promote growth through learning)

I focus on teaching the principles of the Purity of the Game, along with a strict guidance to the learning and utilization of the Unwritten Rules of Baseball.

I want to 'fix the wrong' I have seen through the years of development on Baseball in my hometown (area) - the game (in my opinion) has gone too much into 'individual/specialize training' that I fear the athlete's now have forgotten the true Spirit of Baseball.

I am not here to "babysit" - I am here to build a name for myself through coaching in the efforts of one day being a head coach to a local high school.  This is a goal I cannot achieve without your support - so this is the Project I offer for you to join.

Good goals, but how do you plan on accomplishing this if 90% of your players play little league & will be unvailable for mid-week practice?  Are you going to allow LL & and, if so, are you going to allow kids to pitch in both.  My child was committed to select last year & did not play LL & got left hanging often.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder