Hardin Football Preview

[quote name="utfan06" post="1422574" timestamp="1375977380"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=113152.msg1422567#msg1422567 date=1375976908]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=113152.msg1422561#msg1422561 date=1375976313]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113152.msg1422427#msg1422427 date=1375922810]
[quote author=puddleofmudd link=topic=113152.msg1422398#msg1422398 date=1375915810]
I just want Hardin to win so we can give HD Bobcat a full bag of crow to eat. No other reason. I don't care if HD goes 9-1 afterwards or 0-10, cause their guaranteed to make the playoffs. What a joke UIL
[/quote]Hey pal, put HD in any district you want. This season HD is loaded and would be a force in Hardin's district.  ::) ;D Moot point, HD plays where they ae placed. HD Nation! Hardin better win! lmao!
[/quote]
You have no football knowledge if you think HD would be a force in Hardin's district LOL ::)
[/quote] ;D ;D OUCH ;D ;D
[/quote]
I mean [b]let's be real[/b]...
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="utfan06" post="1422561" timestamp="1375976313"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113152.msg1422427#msg1422427 date=1375922810]
[quote author=puddleofmudd link=topic=113152.msg1422398#msg1422398 date=1375915810]
I just want Hardin to win so we can give HD Bobcat a full bag of crow to eat. No other reason. I don't care if HD goes 9-1 afterwards or 0-10, cause their guaranteed to make the playoffs. What a joke UIL
[/quote]Hey pal, put HD in any district you want. This season HD is loaded and would be a force in Hardin's district.  ::) ;D Moot point, HD plays where they ae placed. HD Nation! Hardin better win! lmao!
[/quote]
You have no football knowledge if you think HD would be a force in Hardin's district LOL ::)
[/quote]I would take you on in regards to football knowledge, anytime.  :-* ;)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1422615" timestamp="1375982316"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
With statements you made earlier I doubt that lol..

[quote name="utfan06" post="1422620" timestamp="1375983095"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=113152.msg1422615#msg1422615 date=1375982316]
[/quote]
[/quote]
With statements you made earlier I doubt that lol..
[/quote]When you are witness to how good HD is this year, you will rethink your comments.  ;) 8) And it's coming real fast. HD Nation!

[quote name="workbootz" post="1422667" timestamp="1375988262"]
I believe HD would claim that 4th spot in that Hardin district... we know CS, Cleveland, and Huffman go 1,2,3 but that last spot is a toss up...
[/quote]

What???????

[quote name="workbootz" post="1422667" timestamp="1375988262"]
I believe HD would claim that 4th spot in that Hardin district... we know CS, Cleveland, and Huffman go 1,2,3 but that last spot is a toss up...
[/quote]I think it would be Newton, EC, HD and Kountze in that order. Those teams you mentioned are 3A. I sometimes think Hardin is still in Liberty's district too.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="1421526" timestamp="1375731165"]
[i]"Fans can expect to see a team that is versatile and explosive while remaining true to a hard nosed blue collar work ethic. It is a formula the team will need to successfully employ as it faces perennial district powers in Newton, Kirbyville, and Kountze". [/i]

[b]Great research[/b]...Perennial power Kountze...geez. EC in the playoffs 17 or 18 straight years (2 out of the last 3 district titles) and Kountze hasn't been since when?
[/quote]
Lol smh.
EC is the second best program in this district behind Newton. Followed by Kirbyville. Then Woodville. Then Anahuac. THEN Kountze. Lol

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1422722" timestamp="1375995980"]
[quote author=uknowit2 link=topic=113152.msg1421526#msg1421526 date=1375731165]
[i]"Fans can expect to see a team that is versatile and explosive while remaining true to a hard nosed blue collar work ethic. It is a formula the team will need to successfully employ as it faces perennial district powers in Newton, Kirbyville, and Kountze". [/i]

[b]Great research[/b]...Perennial power Kountze...geez. EC in the playoffs 17 or 18 straight years (2 out of the last 3 district titles) and Kountze hasn't been since when?
[/quote]
Lol smh.
EC is the second best program in this district behind Newton. Followed by Kirbyville. Then Woodville. Then Anahuac. THEN Kountze. Lol
[/quote]
Woodville better than Kountze this year? Lol ok

Coach Fortune and staff have done a great job with the kids at Hardin.  I'm not predicting playoffs or anything of that nature just yet but they will be much improved.  The o-line is massive as well as quick.  Delahoussaye will have a  good year if the line continues to improve.  He runs a legitimate 4.49 forty.  The line led by Leader, Randolph, and Mettlen will open plenty of holes. HD has a fine group of kids and will be fine as well.

OMG...did somebody go on this thread and hand out happy dust! First HD NATION...I give you credit in your district, but that's it, now your pushing the realm of reality with comments and predictions of finishing in the top four in a district with NEWTON, EC, KOUNTZE, KIRBYVILLE, WOODVILLE, AP...I mean that's a pretty salty group right there. As far as the folks in Kountze district...we were 5-5 and lost against Woodville, Kirbyville and AP by the smallest of margins and I would say your coaches felt lucky to get out with a win...so taking in mind Kountze has done nothing but get stronger, faster and now seasoned, well ya better get ready to strap it up tight! Newton is the only team in this district that I would say will probably beat everybody and place 2-4 is gonna be a fight, but I think it will be between EC, KOUNTZE, KIRBYVILLE.  HD NATION YOU WANT KOUNTZE...IT'S COMING AND WE WILL ALL SEE IF YOU GUYS BELONG IN OUR DISTRICT! And I'm not yelling...just for the record all caps were used for dramatic effect. LOL!

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1422842" timestamp="1376019137"]
OMG...did somebody go on this thread and hand out happy dust! First HD NATION...I give you credit in your district, but that's it, now your pushing the realm of reality with comments and predictions of finishing in the top four in a district with NEWTON, EC, KOUNTZE, KIRBYVILLE, WOODVILLE, AP...I mean that's a pretty salty group right there. As far as the folks in Kountze district...we were 5-5 and lost against Woodville, Kirbyville and AP by the smallest of margins and I would say your coaches felt lucky to get out with a win...so taking in mind Kountze has done nothing but get stronger, faster and now seasoned, well ya better get ready to strap it up tight! Newton is the only team in this district that I would say will probably beat everybody and place 2-4 is gonna be a fight, but I think it will be between EC, KOUNTZE, KIRBYVILLE.  HD NATION YOU WANT KOUNTZE...IT'S COMING AND WE WILL ALL SEE IF YOU GUYS BELONG IN OUR DISTRICT! And I'm not yelling...just for the record all caps were used for dramatic effect. LOL!
[/quote]ROGGG!  ;)

[quote name="thebighornet" post="1422841" timestamp="1376018867"]
Coach Fortune and staff have done a great job with the kids at Hardin.  I'm not predicting playoffs or anything of that nature just yet but they will be much improved.  The o-line is massive as well as quick.  Delahoussaye will have a  good year if the line continues to improve.  He runs a legitimate 4.49 forty.  The line led by Leader, Randolph, and Mettlen will open plenty of holes. HD has a fine group of kids and will be fine as well.
[/quote]Hardin has some athletes, Delahoussaye and Drake are very good players. Mettlen is a man beast, huge kid.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1422811" timestamp="1376013279"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=113152.msg1422722#msg1422722 date=1375995980]
[quote author=uknowit2 link=topic=113152.msg1421526#msg1421526 date=1375731165]

[/quote]
Lol smh.
[/quote]
Woodville better than Kountze this year? Lol ok
[/quote]
I was moreless referring to recent program success. Playoff appearances. But didn't I hear this same thing last year before Woodville beat Kountze AT Kountze? Lol not disagreeing that Woodville is down and Kountze is improving.

Well I give the Examiner and "F" on their review. Two reasons: One, Kountze is not a perennial power house and Ima Kountze guy...Number two, Hardin may be better but explosive?  BIT OVER DUN! To me explosive means many offensive weapons...I see Delahoussaye...not saying you dont have some support athletes but he is the man. Really to bad that kid is not in a larger more competitive district because he is talented and needs to be pushed daily to get better and better like 4A or 5A...I watched him run his heart out last year and churn out some yards with virtually no help...maybe he has a bit more help this year but when a defense is keying on one man for the most part and your defensive backfield is pass ready and the defensive front is stacked...like Newton, EC, Kountze, Kirbyville, Anahauc, Woodville...well makes for a long game on the Hardin side...but we will soon see. 

I have said if for years now,

The future for Hardin is very bright. Many around the county are moving their kids into Hardin's school district, because of the enormous loads of talent coming up at the elementary and junior high levels. If you have not been around little league baseball, football etc, you are missing out on a great deal of excitement. I have not seen this much talent in Hardin, in over 25 years. With good coaching, and a program that is solid and well established, Hardin will be a strong force in a few years, and this will last for quite some time. It took many years to get to this point, but finally, it has come.

However, this years prediction is as follows.

3-7

ps. when this talent arrives, there will be an AD at the helm that knows more about highschool football than any one alive. a true winner!!!

signed,

MOSS HILL 'eon

I've only seen Hardin when they have played Newton over the years. I will say that last year those kids never gave up even after Newton was well in control of the game. It's not easy to stay on the field and continue to get your hat slammed and those kids did it. They had effort and continued to try to do the best they could with their game plan. My hats off to any program that has that type kids. Hope the best for them this year. See ya'll in Newton.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1424206" timestamp="1376501763"]
I've only seen Hardin when they have played Newton over the years. I will say that last year those kids never gave up even after Newton was well in control of the game. It's not easy to stay on the field and continue to get your hat slammed and those kids did it. They had effort and continued to try to do the best they could with their game plan. My hats off to any program that has that type kids. Hope the best for them this year. See ya'll in Newton.
[/quote]+1 Love to hear about and see kids that never give up. :)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1424206" timestamp="1376501763"]
[/quote]
It's always good to hear positive comments from other schools.  Newton fans, for the most part, are a very humble group.  See you in Newton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder