Should it be a family decision where an athlete accepts a scholarship

I'm hearing Aaron Sharp from SC, decommits from Utah and Commits to K- state, because of Family agreement....should the child consider family in his decision ?

My answer is yes, especially if you have a tight and close family. The kid will always need that support system and I just think its easier when you are close or closer to home

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1417205" timestamp="1372542763"]
I'm hearing Aaron Sharp from SC, decommits from Utah and Commits to K- state, because of Family agreement....[b]should the child consider family in his decision ? [/b]

My answer is yes, especially if you have a tight and close family. The kid will always need that support system and I just think its easier when you are close or closer to home
[/quote]

That is a great question.

As much as we wanted our son to stay close to home to pursue his education and play football, it was his decision to go out of state.

There was some D3 schools wanting him in Texas, but he chose to go to a NAIA school in Kansas.
[b]As long as he is happy, and getting a good education (that is what is most important)[/b] then we are happy.
We will continue to make that long drive to Kansas every other weekend during football season.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1417205" timestamp="1372542763"]
I'm hearing Aaron Sharp from SC, decommits from Utah and Commits to K- state, because of Family agreement....should the child consider family in his decision ?

[/quote]I won't pick my son's school for him but I'll definitely narrow it down to either/or. While 17 and 18 year old kids can great football players, most aren't very good decision makers. A recruiter can sell a kid a dream but a parent has to be rudder and steer the kid away from half truths and incorrect information.

K.St might be stiffer overall competition but I think it's a much better career choice for various reasons. Tell Aaron, Cunningham hasn't committed to Baylor yet for some reason, I'm beginning to think he's going to stay out west. Hard to go from Vegas to Waco. I would be asking Kendall what the deal is personally.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1417209" timestamp="1372547134"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=112769.msg1417205#msg1417205 date=1372542763]

[/quote]I won't pick my son's school for him but I'll definitely narrow it down to either/or. While 17 and 18 year old kids can great football players, most aren't very good decision makers. A recruiter can sell a kid a dream but a parent has to be rudder and steer the kid away from half truths and incorrect information.

K.St might be stiffer overall competition but I think it's a much better career choice for various reasons. Tell Aaron Cunningham hasn't committed to Baylor yet for some reason, I'm beginning to think he's going to stay out west. Hard to go from Vega to Waco. I would be asking Kendall what the deal is personally.
[/quote]

Maybe Cunningham is waiting for uCLA offer, remember Baylor is waiting on Brandon Harris decision too. He is scheduled to visit. Bottom line is Baylor wants 2 guys as a potential QB, and neither one of them committed anywhere so they will wait for them. And now if its true Sharp did commit, they may not come after him now

• 2 weeks later...
In my opinion, I would want my son to make the decision based upon the education he will receive. I will support him with what ever decision. Do I want him to go all the way to Arizona, no I would rather him stay close to home, but it is his life to live and I will support him wherever he decides to go  ;D

I'm guessing the logistics of having your son in Utah vs. Kansas had to be consider too.  Kansas is about a 8-10 hour drive ...Utah is definitely a plane ticket.

As a side note, Mr. Aaron Sharp has started training at Athletic Republic in Atascocita.   

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1418334" timestamp="1373656224"]
I'm guessing the logistics of having your son in Utah vs. Kansas had to be consider too.  Kansas is about a 8-10 hour drive ...Utah is definitely a plane ticket.

As a side note, Mr. Aaron Sharp has started training at Athletic Republic in Atascocita. 
[/quote]its about a 12 hour drive to Kansas, and a 23 hour drive to Utah. Now with the price of fuel, which would you think would be more economical? :)
Great family decision to me.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1418334" timestamp="1373656224"]

[/quote]

I've heard about Athletic Republic, is it really a great place to train? I know a few kids from Humble went there before

I had two train there. We'll see if how much it pays off this Fall.  The workouts are pretty intense. I definitely saw physical results. Also, I've heard about a couple kids this year (one from Huffman) that got big and fast through their training. I believe most kids would benefit from 3 months of training (weight program included). My younger son has just about completed 6 months.

[quote name="bcjag10" post="1418355" timestamp="1373662633"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112769.msg1418334#msg1418334 date=1373656224]

[/quote]its about a 12 hour drive to Kansas, and a 23 hour drive to Utah. Now with the price of fuel, which would you think would be more economical? :)
Great family decision to me.
[/quote]

A well planned plane ticket might be cheaper. You definitely can't make a late decision to fly up there, unless ur prepared to pay. Not sure there's cheap commuter flights in our region. Also, One car will carry 4 people. Now 4 plane tickets + a rental...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder