OF's Barbara Hickey Will Be Inducted Into LU Hall Of Honor

Orangefield grad Barbara Hickey will be inducted into the Lamar University Cardinal Hall of Honor on January 20th. Barbara is a 1988 grad of Orangefield and played basketball and high jumped at Lamar. She led the Lady Cardinals to the Elite 8 in 1991. The Lady Cardinals were 87-31 in her four years with the team. Barbara ranks fourth on the career scoring list with 1,370 points, third in field goals made (587), third in field goal percentage (.568), second in assist (300), third in steals (177), seventh in block shots (61), and third in games played (112). She was all ASC in 1991 and all SBC in 1992. Barbara was a three-time conference champion in the high jump in 1989, 1990 and 1991, and was an NCAA Qualifier in the event in 1989 and 1990. She has the second-best high jump in school history, clearing 6-0 1/4, and is one of only two women in school history to clear 6-0. She holds the Ty Terrell Stadium record with a high jump of 5-10, which is also a Ty Terrell Relays record.

• 2 years later...

:) the ball slipped out of my hand on that one. It still went in but wasn't a dunk. In the same game I drove the baseline and pushed the ball over the rim. Channels 4 & 12 said it was a dunk but Greg Kerr on 6 said no lol.. Since I always respected Kerr I went with no ;)  

Not that I didn't respect the guys from 4 & 12..Greg could hoop :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax