Star football player turns down D1 scholarship to become a rapper

[b]We[/b] teach our children to follow their dreams... then when they do and they don't fit into our thoughts of what them dreams should be or where they should be headed [b]we[/b] ( as a society ) criticize and beat them down over their decisions... Don't worry I clumped myself in when i said [b]WE[/b]... Although like others I do not think this is the smartest decision.. I applaud the young man's backbone for standing in front of his families firing squad and taking it and going on his own direction... just remember that might be your child in that situation one day and like good parents you will voice your displeasure then step in behind them and support them just as you have in everything they've done... ... just my thoughts...

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1405214" timestamp="1368730353"]
Oh yea, well this guy was a cross country champ at Vidor until his calling ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv70p4sjSqE

Or the guy that was Vidor Valevictorian before he got shanked. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuaqcNKQB1c

It's all in fun Vidor fans! 8)
[/quote]

LOL no offence taken ... it is what it is...  :-[  LMAO

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1404937" timestamp="1368656014"]
Look at it this way, his chances of succeeding in rap are about the same as making it in the nfl, cause either way I don't think he was going to stay eligible by going to class.  Making rap videos, smoking weed and chasing girls all night can be a heavy load to carry along with 15 hours of college, or so I've heard.

At least this way, he is freeing up that spot on the team for someone who really wants it and hopefully will take advantage of it.  But good luck to Da Bull and the rest of his posse.
[/quote]  AthleticSupporter said: "Making rap videos, smoking weed and chasing girls all night can be a heavy load to carry along with 15 hours of college, [color=red]or so I've heard."[/color]  ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1405279" timestamp="1368741244"]
[quote author=AthleticSupporter - Jock link=topic=111989.msg1404937#msg1404937 date=1368656014]
Look at it this way, his chances of succeeding in rap are about the same as making it in the nfl, cause either way I don't think he was going to stay eligible by going to class.  Making rap videos, smoking weed and chasing girls all night can be a heavy load to carry along with 15 hours of college, or so I've heard.

At least this way, he is freeing up that spot on the team for someone who really wants it and hopefully will take advantage of it.  But good luck to Da Bull and the rest of his posse.
[/quote]  AthleticSupporter said: "Making rap videos, smoking weed and chasing girls all night can be a heavy load to carry along with 15 hours of college, [color=red]or so I've heard."[/color]  ::)
[/quote]trust me, 12 hours of school, 20 hours of practice and about 10-15 more hours of your own time is a lot more tedious than spending some time in the studio or having a production meeting. That's why a good portion of athletes don't graduate and half of the ones that do majored in health or kinesiology. I know this might be a shock for you but I would be willing to bet half or more of the kids on football teams smoke regular or synthetic weed, see Auburn, TCU, and Oregon. It was probably about 60% or more whever I was in
school and know for a fact the numbers haven't moved that much. l Know players smoked because it didn't have side effects like alcohol does and nobody chases girls like a testosterone filled football player. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder