Dayton at Nederland- Game 3/Nederland advances 4-3!!

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1401240" timestamp="1367700195"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=111731.msg1401216#msg1401216 date=1367697503]
Hutto beat Magnolia and will now face Nederland in the 2nd round.  Bring on the Hippos!
[/quote][quote author=Law Dog link=topic=111731.msg1401217#msg1401217 date=1367697815]
Who did what to Dayton today, 101?
[/quote][quote author=Law Dog link=topic=111731.msg1401217#msg1401217 date=1367697815]
[/quote]always a tick on the dog somewhere . Nice job law hog . All I got on this one .
[/quote]

Sportsmanship is a lost art that needs to be found again.  I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1401240" timestamp="1367700195"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=111731.msg1401216#msg1401216 date=1367697503]
Hutto beat Magnolia and will now face Nederland in the 2nd round.  Bring on the Hippos!
[/quote]always a tick on the dog somewhere . Nice job law hog . All I got on this one .
[/quote]

And every horse has its a$&...

My prediction was that Nederland would win some close games and move on to the next round.I think Raines has to get back into the rotation for Nederland to win the next series.Having a stud like Mitchell Sanderson is the reason the Dogs are moving on.That along with Ramoine's effort last night followed by great third base play today.I do not feel like Nevala had his best stuff in this series but competed and looked like Houdini at times.The Dogs have played close games this year and won most of them.Hope they can keep the magic going.Keep finding a way to win dogs.P.S.It was not all pitching that won the series Feltman and Sampere with big homeruns and hitting for the series along Wood,Raines and Broussard who carried good averages for the series.Time to go hunt Hippos!

Nice season for the Broncos this year . They will lose only 1 senior from the starting line up . With that loss , the will need to fill a pretty big hole left in center field and the lead off spot in the batting order . Good luck to Mr Armstrong as he starts another chapter in his young life . One that I'm sure will include baseball in college . I was very impressed with the scrappy nature of this squad during the course of the year . With a little tweaking to the defense and possibly finding someone to play the middle with the Sowell kid , I think the broncos will be able to field a solid defense next year . They won't lose any pitching , although I think they need to utilize some arms that went unused this year . If I'm not mistaken , roe and Sowell were the starters this year with weymeyer coming in to relieve . Sowell took the hill in last nights loss . Was told today he was injured on a bunt attempt in the top of the first but was left to take the hill . Broncos are going to have to get a little depth at the pitchers position if they intend on making any kind of post season run . Maddox looked good and weymeyer settled in nicely today after an error plagued first inning that ended up costing the Broncos the game and the next round off the playoffs today . Offensively the Broncos need to work on filling the middle of the lineup with some productive bats . The middle showed signs of life periodically through out the season , but will have to pick up the production on rbi's or be moved to a different spot or taken out of the lineup all together . The question will be if they have anyone to fill the spot . And last but by no means least if all . The top spot for the Broncos , would leave you scratching your head at least once or twice during the course of a game with some pretty questionable decision making . Gonna need some improvement in that area as well . Need to be able to help the club overcome obstacles instead of creating them if your going to have a successful program . Best of luck to the broncos as they try to work the road that lies ahead for them out . Look forward to seeing what lies in store for them next year . As for the Nederland Bull Dogs , you did what it takes to move on . No matter the circumstances , the fact remains that your squad will be moving on in the playoffs while the Broncos will be going home . Best of luck to you , I only hope the cards will fall so that the Broncos will meet you again next year . Adios

Good game by the Dogs today. Nevala started and did his job to keep it close till Sanderson could close it out, which he did a fantastic job.

Jared Ramoine played some great defense at 3rd. Coach Robbins loaded the bases a couple of times, it worked and the Dogs got out of some big jams.

Dayton was scrappy, the catcher is real and the CF can play. I thought the SS made some key plays also. After a slow start, the lefty starter for Dayton put up some zeros in the middle of the game.   

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1401290" timestamp="1367705561"]
Nice season for the Broncos this year . They will lose only 1 senior from the starting line up . With that loss , the will need to fill a pretty big hole left in center field and the lead off spot in the batting order . Good luck to Mr Armstrong as he starts another chapter in his young life . One that I'm sure will include baseball in college . I was very impressed with the scrappy nature of this squad during the course of the year . With a little tweaking to the defense and possibly finding someone to play the middle with the Sowell kid , I think the broncos will be able to field a solid defense next year . They won't lose any pitching , although I think they need to utilize some arms that went unused this year . If I'm not mistaken , roe and Sowell were the starters this year with weymeyer coming in to relieve . Sowell took the hill in last nights loss . Was told today he was injured on a bunt attempt in the top of the first but was left to take the hill . Broncos are going to have to get a little depth at the pitchers position if they intend on making any kind of post season run . Maddox looked good and weymeyer settled in nicely today after an error plagued first inning that ended up costing the Broncos the game and the next round off the playoffs today . Offensively the Broncos need to work on filling the middle of the lineup with some productive bats . The middle showed signs of life periodically through out the season , but will have to pick up the production on rbi's or be moved to a different spot or taken out of the lineup all together . The question will be if they have anyone to fill the spot . And last but by no means least if all . The top spot for the Broncos , would leave you scratching your head at least once or twice during the course of a game with some pretty questionable decision making . Gonna need some improvement in that area as well . Need to be able to help the club overcome obstacles instead of creating them if your going to have a successful program . Best of luck to the broncos as they try to work the road that lies ahead for them out . Look forward to seeing what lies in store for them next year . As for the Nederland Bull Dogs , you did what it takes to move on . No matter the circumstances , the fact remains that your squad will be moving on in the playoffs while the Broncos will be going home . Best of luck to you , I only hope the cards will fall so that the Broncos will meet you again next year . Adios
[/quote] the pitchers coming back  Sowell wehmeyer roe and Schmidt.  And whoever is coming up from JV.  Losing Armstrong Hicks Chapman and Brown to graduation.