LUMBERTON 3 PA MEMORIAL 0

Another great pitching outing for Josh Harwell. Complete game 5 hitter Shutout of a pretty good hitting Memorial team. Darby Chilek had a 2 run homer for the Raiders. If there was any doubts about the Freshmen (LeMaire) kid at 2B I think he silenced them. He went 1-1 with 2 BB's and made some great plays at 2B. Good Win for the Raiders.

From PANews

LUMBERTON -- At least the Memorial Titans didn't have to go all the way to Shepherd to get shut out by the Lumberton Raiders Thursday.

The two teams were matched against one another in the first round of the Shepherd tournament, so they decided to play it in the Triangle. Raider Josh Harwell scattered five hits and Darby Chikel helped him with a two-run homer in the fourth inning as Lumberton blanked Memorial 3-0.

Memorial, 5-5 on the season, got five hits, two by catcher Cullen Griffin and a double by center fielder Toddrick Keller.

Ben Lopez was the losing pitcher.

Lumberton faces John Cooper Academy in a 7 p.m. game tonight.

I dont think Lumberton has got it going for them this year yet so far. Who knows they might make a shot with the BIG 4 (LCM,NEDERLAND,VIDOR,and PNG) but i just dont see it happening this year there a little young, they need another year. Thats just my opinion from watching them play.

I know, I know....PNG slumps some and Vidor wins a weak-field tourney so now there's a Big 4. But, that's what is great about this game and this time of year....you THINK you got a chance and that makes everyone happy and excited to be at the ballpark. Heck, I even think my kid's team is gonna win state....

No disrespect, but who has Vidor played? I honestly think that 20-4A is gonna be more interested than most people believe. Yes, you will have your usual LC-M, Ned and PN-G. But those teams better not sleep on Ozen and Vidor. Ozen aren't deep in pitching, but when DD Lott, Josh Gardiner or Michael Darkins pitches, the Panthers have a good chance of beating anyone in 20-4A

in my opinion i think that lumberton wont be able to make it in this year...i saw them play their 2nd and 3rd games in the shepherd tournament and they had no pitching...shepherd rocked them for 7 runs in the 1st and left many runners on base rest of game...i just dont think 1 pitcher will be enough in that district

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami