Jump to content

AshlyHasBeen

Members
  • Posts

    4,252
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by AshlyHasBeen

  1. Texas State and Sam also benefit from having new facilities that big school's are willing to travel to. Plus A&M is close to Sam. Texas State and UT are close. Texas State has used Round Rock to host a tournament as well that will draw big names in while Vincent-Beck just doesn't compare. Not the field itself but there are no visiting showers or lockerroom.
  2. Lamar will play UH twice and Rice twice. Dallas Baptist is a solid team that went to regionals and Maine is picked to win their conference. I also know baseball at all levels I covered your cousin in high school. But I have also been to multiple major league spring trainings for different teams and NCAA regionals, this summer I'm going to Omaha. What does that have to do with scheduling.....nothing. It comes down to finding the teams that are available and yes that are willing to come to Beaumont. Sam Houston has been a good SLC tournament team. Texas State has been consistant. But neither have done anything in a regional. Kind of weird that Lamar from 02, 03, 04 played nearly the same type of schedules and were competitive in the postseason losing in the Austin regional title in 03. Also you will find Houston Baptist, Prairie View and HBU on Sam's schedule TSU on SLU's PV and HBU on TXST Texas State has the toughest schedule but they are loaded just like last year.
  3. While I respect your knowledge of the game baseball25 you don't seem to know much about matching a schedule to your team. It's one of the toughest things to do. In football and basketball schedules are worked on years in advance. Baseball is different. The schedule is fine. 40 wins is still a magic number no matter the non-conference sos if LU is on top of the SLC in the regular season. G is building a team to win conference not an at-large bid.
  4. Moore, the hottest player for Lamar, did not play in either game.
  5. And it's not excuses for Lamar, I actually cover the team and have for a decade now and have traveled with them. Coach G builds a schedule based on his team. There was a ton of turnover with guys having no D1 experience coming in you don't just throw a team like that to the wolves and lose confidence. Say what you want about his career record if you actually knew the guy you would know he could care less about his coaching record.
  6. Update Maine beats UNC 5-3 today
  7. Today Sulphur  10  PN-G  0 PN-G  6  Sulphur  1
  8. Here's something about one of Lamar's "weak" non-conference opponents written up by Baseball America. The Black Bears are favored in the America East by the way and have gone to regionals 17 times and 6 CWS last one in 1986. Under The Radar Maine Pitching Maine was swept in its opening weekend by Lamar, but the Black Bears held their own against a warm-weather opponent from a larger conference, losing the Friday and Sunday games by a combined three runs. "We pitched really well against Lamar," Maine coach Steve Trimper said. "I am very excited with our arms. We've finally got the guys in place." Two freshmen really stood out for Maine in Sunday's 17-inning loss to Lamar. Starter Jeffrey Gibbs, a 6-foot-4, 190-pound righthander from Toronto, allowed four runs on seven hits and a walk while striking out six over 5 2/3 innings, but evaluators came away from the game buzzing about his stuff. He sat at 90-92 mph for his entire outing, touching 94-95, and showed good command for his entire repertoire, which also includes a quality 82-83 mph slider and feel for a changeup. "Gibbs is the real deal for us," Trimper said. Steve Perakslis, a 6-foot-1 righty from Massachusetts, allowed just three hits over 4 2/3 scoreless innings of relief. His stuff was nearly as good as Gibbs'—he worked with a 91-93 mph fastball, according to Trimper. And the Black Bears have another power arm who did not even pitch in the opening weekend. Redshirt sophomore righty Kyle Benoit was sitting at 92 mph in his last live throwing session this week, Trimper said. Trimper said the key for his talented young pitchers is to throw strikes. If they do, Maine could steal a win or two this weekend against a North Carolina team that had to work hard to score runs in a season-opening sweep of George Washington.
  9. [quote name="baseball25" post="766465" timestamp="1267136226"] Bec gilligAn what's easy wins for his career record duh [/quote] That's has nothing to do with the scheduling process. They couldn't work out a home and home series this year.
  10. PN-G is 300-345-375-345-300. Gibbens is a hitters park but those guys including Beau Hale that I played against had no problem with it. Good hitters are good hitters no matter the field.
  11. Actually no I was never a power hitter, a leadoff or no. 2. Sometimes an 8 or 9 to flip the lineup.
  12. I've played baseball for 25 years now I think I'm aware of little league distances it wasn't a literal statement. Our pitchers knew going over they had to keep the ball low.
  13. There's nothing wrong with the field, I've played plenty there against LC-M and wasn't taking anything away from the kids. The facts are it's a short porch and teams tend to know how to play in their own field at all levels. Just like Lamar at the Beck, the games are played different depending on the wind.
  14. Compared to most schools their field is a little league field as far as fence distance.
  15. PN-G and Kelly started their game only to have it called in the bottom of the first. Game was tied 0-0
  16. Baseball season is always brtual, too cold when you start practiceing in January and playing in February then by the playoffs you're trying not to passout in the heat.
  17. I've seen them on TV twice and I would say it is worth the drive.
  18. A great way to start off against a solid team. Maine is picked to win the America East.
  19. They're non-conference schedule won't really hurt them. It's a good schedule for a young team. As far as RPI stuff goes most of the time the Southland gets 1 to 2 teams in Regionals. The tournament champ is automatic and the regular season champ usually gets a shot.
  20. I was there til half, I'm telling you this is the first time I've seen Woodville in a game and wow they just didn't have it. I went to one practice earlier and they were missing shots but their coach said they were really tired from the night before which is understandable. Hardin is earning this win though.
  21. The voting process is usually done before most of those things come out. I get a vote but I'll never tell my picks LOL
  22. Bi-District Dallas Bishop Dunne  1 Kelly  2  Final Kelly will meet either San Antonio Central or Laredo St. Augustine in the Regional Round, the girls are about to kickoff their game with Dallas Bishop Lynch at Bulldog Stadium.
  23. Class 5A El Paso Socorro 12 Lufkin 7 Class 4A Texas High 4 Corpus Christi Moody 3 Class 3A Carthage 5 Giddings 2 Class 2A Danbury 6 Holliday 5 Class 1A Miles 4 Windthorst 3
×
×
  • Create New...