Jump to content

AshlyHasBeen

Members
  • Posts

    4,252
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by AshlyHasBeen

  1. Expectations are high and Lamar fans got spoiled during their 3 year run. But let's be honest we are still a mid-major and it's the only sport that we have that we have besides golf that can compete year in and year out. It's just hard to say a program is down when they had a down regular season after filling holes with new talent this season. I'm at 30+ games a year so I see the team day in and day out. I'm not questioning your baseball knowledge at all I'm just saying it would make no sense to run off G.
  2. Stats are not excuses. Add these to the past few years at the SLC Tournament 09- Semifinalist 08- Runner-Up 06- Semifinalist 05- Runner-Up The program is not down and any team in the league would be happy with the results over the last decade.
  3. Just showing Lamar past results at regionals. That's all of them.
  4. LU won the East Division in 07 and 08. I wouldn't say they have been down. Sam has been middle of the pack and got hot in 3 straight conference tournaments just like Lamar did this weekend.
  5. And they've finished like this before under G. Look at Sam this year I guess they should make a change too.
  6. Just a look at the past regionals 2004 (RICE) Texas A&M (L, 14-3) Rice (L, 6-3) 2003 (AUSTIN) Arkansas (W, 3-2) Texas (L, 7-3) Arkansas (W, 7-3) Texas (W, 6-2) Texas (L, 6-3) 2002 (AUSTIN) Baylor (L, 4-2) Central Conn. St. (W, 9-4) Baylor (L, 10-9) 1995 (WICHITA) Wichita St. (W, 13-11) Stanford (L, 8-1) Wichita St. (W, 4-1) Stanford (L, 16-9) 1993 (COLLEGE STATION) UCLA (L, 6-1) Texas A&M (L, 10-5) 1987 (AUSTIN) Texas (L, 6-5) Indiana St. (L, 10-5) 1985 (AUSTIN) Oklahoma (L, 10-5) LSU (W, 4-3) Oklahoma (W, 7-5) Texas (L, 10-2) 1984 (AUSTIN) Texas (L, 6-0) Oklahoma (W, 4-3) UNLV (W, 10-5) Texas (L, 6-5) 1981 (AUSTIN) Stanford (W, 6-5) Texas (L, 3-2) Stanford (L, 9-1) 1979 (AUSTIN) BYU (W, 3-2) Texas (L, 6-4) BYU (L, 7-4) 1977 (ARLINGTON) Miami (OH) (L, 1-0) New Orleans (L, 5-2) 1976 (ARLLINGTON) Texas (L, 3-2) Miami (L, 6-0)
  7. He was actually a volunteer assistant my junior year in 1997 with Recio at PN-G then Lumberton and back to PN-G.
  8. Exactly. Even if he told players he has not officially resigned. And he could possibly change his mind. After an emotional loss things like this happen. When Recio resigned we knew for months as players but the story wasn't reported til it was official.
  9. Coach Stone texted me this morning, he isn't sure where they got their info because nothing is official yet. I was expecting him to coach 1 more year.
  10. So is Gilligan done, didn't think so.
  11. PNG Pitcher called for a balk with 2 outs in the 9th allowing Friendswood to score winning run.
  12. Texas State eliminates UTA 15-10. Lamar vs Texas State, 6 pm on MYTX
  13. It is until championship game. Same format used at the CWS before they change to the current best of 3 series in the finals. One year Texas was undefeated coming out of their bracket and Wichita St. had one loss coming out of theirs. Shockers won the single game championship. Texas St. 12 UTA  9  8th
  14. Texas St.  7  UTA  4  3rd
  15. 1 gamer. And no crow for me I've had G's back all year.
  16. #6 McNeese St. 5  #3 SE Louisiana 4 F, SLU eliminated. McNeese St. vs Lamar, 4 pm
  17. #5 UTA rallies to beat #8 Nicholls 5-4
  18. Keep it going for 2 more games!
  19. #1 Texas St. 8  #4 SFA 2  F, SFA eliminated
  20. The reason the 2nd pitcher looked like he was throwing gas is because the first pitcher threw a ton of breaking pitches. I think Friendswood's manager did a good job with his pitchers and kept PN-G off balance.
  21. Not sure, I have the presidents number at my house. I'll IM you with it when I grab it.
  22. #1 Texas St.  6  #4 SFA  2  7th
  23. Final, SLU eliminates NW State  10-4
×
×
  • Create New...