Jump to content

AshlyHasBeen

Members
  • Posts

    4,252
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by AshlyHasBeen

  1. No SLC team has made it out yet......but Lamar has come close a couple of times. For the most part though the SLC has been able to compete in regionals. From what I'm hearing the winner of the SLC will likely head to Texas A&M with Texas and Rice also options. Though unlikely I've seen one projection having UL-Lafayette hosting with the SLC representative playing there as the 4 seed.
  2. In 2004 Lamar pushed Texas to the if game for the regional championship. 2004 Regionals Arkansas-Won Texas-Lost Arkansas-Won Texas-Won Texas-Lost
  3. Yeah Carrie was great. Her older sister Aimee who is now the head soccer coach at PN-G played for my dad's travel softball team he coached, very athletic family.
  4. No the SLC will allow you to host even if you aren't qualified. Though they don't prefer it. If a team is eliminated from contention a couple of weeks before the end of the regular season the host has the option to give up the tournament and put it up for bid. I don't like this if you're not in you shouldn't host.
  5. I think the helmet looks fine : But back to the tournament. The SLC will for sure only get 1 bid that being the automatic which makes things even more exciting. The upset special isn't that far fetched it's amazing how far SFA has come since last year.
  6. Very intimidating guy to face in high school and in summer league. I can honestly say he never struck me out, I closed my eyes and wallked a couple of times ;D
  7. Here's what I think 1) UTSA over 6) SFA (Though this tournament has never been good to No. 1 seeds) 2) Lamar over 5) McNeese St. (Should be a very tough game for the Cards) 3) Texas St. over 4) Sam Houston St. (Bobcats have a team that can win it all) I know I picked the higher seeds but this year things are really even. So with my picks here are the second round matchups I predict. Thursday Games 11 am 6) SFA vs 5) McNeese St. 3 pm 1) UTSA vs 4) Sam Houston St. 7 pm 2) Lamar vs 3) Texas St.
  8. I was live at that game PN-G was in no matter what. The win sent PN-G, Nederland and Central to the playoffs. If the Indians lost it would've been PN-G, Ozen and WO-Stark.
  9. Think they were taking the approach to just get people some work going into the tournament.
  10. Lamar lost this afternoon 7-4 using 7 different pitchers. Texas St. lost to UTSA in the 9th meaning LU and the Cats finish in 2nd place tie with the Cards holding the tiebreaker. Here are the matchups. Tournament at Northwestern St. starting Wednesday 1) UTSA (34-20) vs 6) SFA (30-26) 11 am 2) Lamar (33-23) vs 5) McNeese St. (21-32) 3 pm 3) Texas St. (35-21) vs 4) Sam Houston St. (34-22) 7 pm
  11. They sit in 4th now, Dawie is tied for 1st.
  12. Little League and youth league's are hard to judge now with select teams now ruling the area. But last Groves National made it to regionals.
  13. For PN-G I think it will be LC-M at The Reservation. The Bears crushed the Indians last year and will be a playoff contender this year. If PN-G gets past Ozen then LC-M they could have some confidence built up heading into their game at Nederland.
  14. Horrible 6th inning, questionable balk call got the Demons rolling followed by an error by the 3rd basemen then Vickers let a throw from the outfield go through his legs. After that the zone got smaller and NW found every hole you can. I hope the guys can get it together before the SLC tournamnt right now they have the 3rd spot in the seedings. The Demons are on the outside looking in which makes me wonder if they don't qualify will they still host. A few years ago when SLU didn't make they gave up the tournament and ULM hosted.
  15. I agree, just one thing PN-G went out to Boerne in the State Semifinals I did the play by play ;D
  16. Don't think so, They just got a new scoreboard with a single color video board. I have been told it can eventually be raplaced with full jumbotron.
  17. Capacity will be 12,343 with construction for 2008 I believe.
  18. Not exactly sure, along with the new turf there will be a 2 story press box, extra track lane, the extended stands that you spoke of plus a facade will be surrounding the stands with brick to match the school.
  19. I think he was thinking more of the triangle area, Dayton is out of the viewing area but not our hearts ;D
  20. Early voting numbers for PN-G bond issue has 63 pct voting yes. This means a top notch football facility with turf plus a new baseball/softball complex.
  21. No other women's sport is needed, that's why they added soccer and softball. I would also agree an anouncement is coming in the near future.
  22. I would also expect a different PN-G team, not saying they will win but things will be much different from last year.
  23. PN-G is also hoping to pass a bond issue. Stadium will have field turf, two story press box, and a brick facade to match the school. The endzone seat will be removed due security issues while stands willl be extended on both sides so the capacity should stay at 13,000.
×
×
  • Create New...