Jump to content

82 5A State Champs

Members
  • Posts

    5,176
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 82 5A State Champs

  1. ......I'm diggin' it, right! That's awesome! Good Luck Raiders. It's good too see all the fan support that you guys have!
  2. their defense is not very good, but should they key on our running game andactually slow it down to a point where we are forced to throw the ball, their defensive secondary is really not good.....certainly not good enough to stop Powdrill or Garrett or some of our other receivers. We should be OK!
  3. 40-20 West Sabine at the end of the 3rd quarter
  4. I would stick to what works for us. Run the ball until it opens up the passing game. Stump usually makes pretty good game time adjustments. I know that SoHo's QB has basically been responsible for about 2300 of their 3000 yards and that their running game is mediocre at best. But that's what they rely on mostly. The QB doesn't throw the ball much, and when he does his receivers....well, their receivers are a bit weak. Their D is not that good.....err, not near as good as our's is!. Like I said, if we play our game, and do what works, we should not have a problem with them!
  5. I thought I would post some predictions for the playoffs that I found....[Hidden Content]
  6. I got mine this afternoon.......I wish the short sleeve shirts mentioned the playoffs like the long sleeve!
  7. 16-7 West Sabine....2:53 left in first quarter!
  8. hey guys, I saw this posted on another site, and thought you might like to see what they're saying about 5A Division 2, Region 3....[Hidden Content]
  9. Congrats Lumberton......at least somebody from our area is getting some much needed recognition from Dave Campbell!
  10. If I'm not mistaken, there were several firsts for the Bruins in 1982.........they were the first school in UIL history to win a State Championship in it's infancy(which has never been repeated); the first school in Class 5A to win a state title with more than one loss(they had 4); the first school in 5A to win a state title with a black head coach; and they were the first school to win a state title from the district runner-up spot entering the playoffs.........see COOP, I'm full of useless information regarding West Brook! ;D Go Brook! betcha you didn't know some of these facts! ;D
  11. ....at least there are two or three of us that are getting fired up about starting our second season! GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRUINS! ;D
  12. ......and what's on the sides of our helmets? Is it just a "W", NO it's a"WB". I guarantee you if we make a deep playoff run this year, we will start getting some respect from the corners of the state, based on the returning class we will have next year! ;D
  13. again, someone else we get no respect from.......we need to educate these people that West Brook, is TWO WORDS, NOT a run-on!!!!!!! Is that poll saying that our Christian Lewis is the #9 rated QB in the state? AWESOME......and he'll be back next year. ssssshhhhhh, dont tell the rest of the state of Texas...let them find out the hard way!
  14. not to look too far ahead, but I've been on one of the Greater Houston area forums.....you should hear what the people are posting in regards to the Fort Bend ISD. They are saying it's the weakest district in the Houston area, so we might not see them next week........who do they play this Saturday?
  15. this was a segment on KFDM the other night on West Brook's first playoff game. It's important to stay focused between now and Saturday! [Hidden Content]
  16. I think we might be looking too far ahead......all of SE Texas teams still have to win this week to be able to play next week!I'm not too familiar with the 4A opponents that might be seen in the second round, but I'm fairly sure that, if WB wins, they shouldn't have much problem beating FB Clements. I wont bet my next paycheck on it or anything, but I have a feeling!
  17. it doesn't matter what the records are, it's playoff time......this is where La Marque shines!. Cougars by a TD (or more)!
  18. What we need is some empty propane bottles with some steel balls in them to make a little noise! Does anybody want to volunteer to make some? YES, WB's drum line is very good......but they could update some of their cadences. Some of those cadences they are playing are actually left over from the old Hebert days. Dont get me wrong, I like hearing them as much as the next guy, but they are a little old! ;D
  19. just 'cause I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not reading the posts........what can I say that hasen't already been said. Do I think we'll win Saturday.....without a problem! Do I think we'll beat FB Clements (10-0) if we see them in the Area round, YES! Do I think we'll beat Cy-Falls in the Regional Semi's if they're waiting for us, YES, as long as we show up and play Bruin football! What about Katy in the Regional Finals/quarterfinals.....maybe? Whether we win or lose to them(should we play them), they'll definitely know we were there! ALL these predictions are the result of what WB is capable of. If we continue to have no spirit at the games and noone removes their gludius-maximus from the seats in order to actually cheer for our boys, them we probably lose in the first round. We've got to have fan support. I have a friend, who is from Nederland, that came to a couple of our games this year, and he couldn't believe-actually laughed-at how dead our crowd was. I'll be there Saturday, cheering on our boys! I hope you will too! Does anybody know when the playoff shirts go on sale, and how much they are? ;D
  20. Good Luck, Lumberton.....we know you will represent SE Texas well! I say L-Train 30, Smiley 12! As I've been saying all year, it takes a good team to make the playoffs, but it takes a bit of luck to do something when you get there. At this point in the game, I'd rather be lucky than good! WB's rooting for ya! ;D
  21. yeah, but it wasn't yesterday......I've got the playoff games on tape from that year to prove it. ;D
×
×
  • Create New...