Jump to content

APanthers

Members
  • Posts

    875
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by APanthers

  1. [quote name="WOSgrad" post="1224147" timestamp="1337442219"] [quote author=8888 link=topic=99034.msg1223890#msg1223890 date=1337376876] [quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=99034.msg1223888#msg1223888 date=1337374985] [quote author=8888 link=topic=99034.msg1223880#msg1223880 date=1337372723] I doesnt appear that coach Murr is bieng "bashed", it is Barnhart and the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I , for one , will support coach Murr completly even though I wanted someone that was home grown, worked his butt off for 7 years (IN ANAHUAC) to prepare for the job, who holds a masters degree, and PLANNED to be a part of the community for his entire career.  And I think the community will rally behind coach Murr as eventually, its just not what we wanted and only time will tell if he stays long term, and builds a good program.  Here's hoping ..................... [/quote] Boy!  With that sound endorsement, how could Coach Murr help but not get all tingly inside?! ::) ::) ::) [/quote] and im sure that he is all tingly inside knowing someone who obviously spends an enourmous amount of his time "administrating an online forum" has his back. You are attempting to make my comments into something they are not meant to imply. No offense to the people who use this platform to speak thier mind but you got what 28000 + posts on here (get a freakin life), I would think the new coach would rather have the "sound" support of just about anyone other than a gossip guru. Which resembles your comment about him picking someplace other than Anahuac, Tx be beef up his resume. [/quote] Funny how, you talk about my time on this forum....although I can tell you fan, player, coach and mainstream media alike appreciate a fair amount of those 28,000 posts as they told folks who's playing where they're playing and who they are playing next, what the score was in those games and trumpeted the accomplishment's of this area's youth in just about every freaking sport you can imagine.  At least when I come on, I am positive about the kids who carry our banner and the coaches who, despite the whining and sniveling little idiots like you, wake up every day to guide them.  Yes, you assail my time on the forum, yet you use the same bandwidth to get on here and assail a coach who has not even stepped foot on a practice field yet as an Anahuac coach....not because he is not qualified....but simply because he wasn't [b]your[/b] choice for the new coach.  Which is alright, that is why this was created.  But you would think that a community which took the opportunity to choose a head coach who has been pretty doggone successful in previous stops, would embrace him a bit more...something you have admitted that you have not done and indicate the Anahuac community might not ever do....of course, let me as an aside let you know that after reading your posts the members of that community might be a tad uneasy that [b]you[/B] are their mouthpiece. Eventually rally around him?  Why don't you try this!  Rally around him right now! Well, I need to stop this post as I need to start another as 29,000 is right around the corner!  You have a good day! Todd Broussard Administrator SETXsports.com [/quote]
  2. [quote name="Cowboys1981" post="1219533" timestamp="1336435782"] George would make it a seamless transition.  Same o and d with a few new wrinkles.  Oh yeah I am not george taylor, but I am APanthers DADDY.  ;D [/quote]lol
  3. There is nothing wrong with Barbay except he is in Jasper and now we need a new Head Coach
  4. [quote name="Panther Pride" post="1219503" timestamp="1336424549"] Cowboys1981, since you are so in tuned with George and know so much about the program, tell me why George wasn't given any more responsiblity than he had on the varsity level?? As for pissing people off to get results, what are the results you are talking about. I don't know of anything football related?? I hope the people that are making the decisions pick the best person they feel to do the job. I still stand behind my statement of, there are a several other coaches that have more experience and have coached at a higher level. They are more accomplished than the home town boy..  ;) [/quote]I thinkl Cowboy1981 is coach Goerge Taylor
  5. Out of the list who would you pick for the new head coach ?
  6. [quote name="cowboysfan4life" post="1217176" timestamp="1335973699"] list of applicants?? [/quote]
  7. To be able to win in this district we need a proven Head Coach that knows how to win, just my opinion.
  8. [quote name="WOSgrad" post="1208035" timestamp="1333993742"] That a coach who was recently a finalist for a 5A head coaching position does not even get an interview speaks to the quality and depth of the applicant list for the position.  I am a disappointed that Coach Foreman was not included in the mix but he will get his shot very soon. Good luck to all of the applicants going forward! [/quote]Maybe he can come to ,Anahuac when Barbay leaves
  9. I dont have a problem with him just saying we are far from greatness and to predictable but he has good discipline.
  10. I have'nt seen Greatness here in Anahuac maybe it will happen in Jasper
  11. The rain is coming down here at the wack.
  12. Why would Barbay leave Anahuac to go to H-F it doesnt make alot of sense to me.
  13. I thought that is what i read but it wasnt to clear to me
  14. Warren was winning 8-4 in the 6 inning when i left
  15. Did coach Barbay apply for H-f Job ?
  16. [quote name="JohnSmith" post="1135797" timestamp="1322695585"] Dave Campbell shows first place PAT's at 267 for a career and 227 for second place???  Which is correct ??? [/quote]Whats your real name John Smith.
  17. Great job , he is the best kicker i have ever seen play in high school. His future looks bright.
  18. The winner of this game should go all the way. I will be there to see this one .
  19. Congrats on a fine season Buc's see yall next year at the wack.
  20. [quote name="YankeeDawg" post="1132396" timestamp="1322364053"] I posted this earlier today in an existing thread, but felt it deserved its own... "I've been thinking about posting this since last night but was not sure if I should.  However, after reading several of the posts in this thread, here  goes... I think the tragic and untimely death of Matt Thomas, as unfortunate as it was, served to be a "turnaround" for the town of Vidor.  Many people that I have spoken with since shortly after his death right up thru today have taken a more positive view of Vidor as a whole.  As sad as his passing was for his family. teammates, friends and others he came in contact with, I think they can take some solace in knowing that this young man, of all people, may have been responsible for at least partially erasing the "image" that your town has portrayed (factually or not) in the past.  Isn't it ironic that, for a town that has been deemed as racist by many, it took the accidental death of a young, African American high school student/football player to reverse the thinking of so many both within and outside of the Vidor community.  If I may say without offending anyone, I truly believe that this was the Lord's plan for Matt from the beginning..HE does work in ways we may not fully understand...but it doesn't matter..we have seen already the positive changes that have taken place and I'm sure there will be more to come...I feel that Matt is sitting with his Maker, smiling down on what they see and him now knowing what his purpose on this earth was really all about. Thank you for allowing to speak my heart... " R.I.P. #28 and Thank You [/quote]Great Post +1
  21. [quote name="JohnSmith" post="1129612" timestamp="1322237969"] I see you in the picture "Brian Mc" Glad to see you supporting the purple!! God bless ya bro' [/quote]How do you know me John
×
×
  • Create New...