Here comes the "moral victory" Posts

homeless

will the SE TX folk post anything other than this now? Will they admit that all the folks who told them at realignment time (and ever since) that they were wrong and the Yates realists were right? Will they accept the challenge the Yates fans on here asked if they'd be around to discuss the game 24 hrs later? Will there a be ANY pro-SE TX posts that do not contain the word "IF?"

[quote name="homeless" post="1380286" timestamp="1361938946"]
will the SE TX folk post anything other than this now? Will they admit that all the folks who told them at realignment time (and ever since) that they were wrong and the Yates realists were right? Will they accept the challenge the Yates fans on here asked if they'd be around to discuss the game 24 hrs later? Will there a be ANY pro-SE TX posts that do not contain the word "IF?"
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D You are right about that! They ARE coming!!

Yates is overrated and will not win state. They are good BUT to be moved down to 3A AND have recruited players.. They are not that impressive. I was impressed with their athleticism but not their basketball team. Hey, but whatever you have to do to win state championships, you do I guess... Great win tonight Yates. I was impressed with your 3 point shooting and your Free throw shooting! Silsbee, maybe we should start recruiting players from other countries and states!? Naww it's ok. We will just play it the right way :). Great season silsbee. Love y'all.

[quote name="bradyb" post="1380296" timestamp="1361939499"]
Yates is overrated and will not win state. They are good BUT to be moved down to 3A AND have recruited players.. They are not that impressive. I was impressed with their athleticism but not their basketball team. Hey, but whatever you have to do to win state championships, you do I guess... Great win tonight Yates. I was impressed with your 3 point shooting and your Free throw shooting! Silsbee, maybe we should start recruiting players from other countries and states!? Naww it's ok. We will just play it the right way :). Great season silsbee. Love y'all.
[/quote]
::) ::)...FACT #1: They have not lost to a 3A team all season.....FACT#2: SILSBEE will definitely not win a state title! ;).....I think that they just might have a SHOT to win a 3A state title....Conventional wisdom tells me THAT much... ::) ::)

[quote name="bradyb" post="1380296" timestamp="1361939499"]
[/quote]

Gotta give you one bro.....  +1

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1380298" timestamp="1361939732"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=109845.msg1380296#msg1380296 date=1361939499]
[/quote]
::) ::)...FACT #1: They have not lost to a 3A team all season.....FACT#2: SILSBEE will definitely not win a state title! ;).....I think that they just might have a SHOT to win a 3A state title....Conventional wisdom tells me THAT much... ::) ::)
[/quote]
Ok.. In my above statement did I say they have lost to any 3A team? NO. I said they will not win state. Dallas Madison will beat them if they meet. Yates will not win state. Even if they do, hell they should.. Look at them.. A Houston school with players from all over the world... Hello?! A little small town like silsbee shouldn't be able to compete with that.

[quote name="bradyb" post="1380305" timestamp="1361940066"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109845.msg1380298#msg1380298 date=1361939732]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Ok.. In my above statement did I say they have lost to any 3A team? NO. I said they will not win state. Dallas Madison will beat them if they meet. Yates will not win state. Even if they do, hell they should.. Look at them.. A Houston school with players from all over the world... Hello?! [b]A little small town like silsbee shouldn't be able to compete with that.[/b]
[/quote] A bitter post that morphs into a moral victory post. Cool

[quote name="homeless" post="1380307" timestamp="1361940258"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=109845.msg1380305#msg1380305 date=1361940066]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109845.msg1380298#msg1380298 date=1361939732]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Ok.. In my above statement did I say they have lost to any 3A team? NO. I said they will not win state. Dallas Madison will beat them if they meet. Yates will not win state. Even if they do, hell they should.. Look at them.. A Houston school with players from all over the world... Hello?! [b]A little small town like silsbee shouldn't be able to compete with that.[/b]
[/quote]
No.. It's not a moral victory. We lost and that's it. No excuses any all. Yates foreign exchange students and other recruits hit free throws and our small city boys missed theirs. Quite simple buddy. Cool

Guest Air Bisquit
No moral victory for Silsbee, they were in it till the last 3 minutes of the game.
They had their chances, but could not convert in the end.

Dickie V, We all know you love the Brag and tell everyone how smart you are, but you were wrong on your prediction of the score. ::)

The Tigers hung with the mighty Yates team for 29 minutes, so go a head and tell us how Yates manhandled Silsbee ::)

Hold your head up Tigers, y'all have nothing to be ashamed of.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1380310" timestamp="1361940530"]
No moral victory for Silsbee, they were in it till the last 3 minutes of the game.
They had their chances, but could not convert in the end.

Dickie V, We all know you love the Brag and tell everyone how smart you are, but you were wrong on your prediction of the score. ::)

The Tigers hung with the mighty Yates team for 29 minutes, so go a head and tell us how Yates manhandled Silsbee ::)

Hold your head up Tigers, y'all have nothing to be ashamed of.
[/quote]
Agree 99% they are ashamed that they missed 20 free throws but they know that they outplayed the "almighty jack Yates" lol. I hated to see this, but it is what it is. Great post Fran

[quote name="bradyb" post="1380309" timestamp="1361940467"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=109845.msg1380307#msg1380307 date=1361940258]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
No.. It's not a moral victory. We lost and that's it. No excuses any all. Yates foreign exchange students and other recruits hit free throws and our small city boys missed theirs. Quite simple buddy. Cool
[/quote] OK, it didn't even rise to the level of a moral victory. I think you're shortchanging the Silsbee effort, though

[quote name="homeless" post="1380317" timestamp="1361940720"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=109845.msg1380309#msg1380309 date=1361940467]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=109845.msg1380307#msg1380307 date=1361940258]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] OK, it didn't even rise to the level of a moral victory. I think you're shortchanging the Silsbee effort, though
[/quote]
Not at all. That's how silsbee plays right there! With alot if effort. They played their butts off just like we expected. We out played them. Just missed 20 free throws and Yates hit theirs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder