Attempting to Pioneer a SETX 14U Community - Hear me out...

Hello again - this is BJ Myers, coach of Prospects Baseball 14U team.

I have been throwin this idea around the past week and wanted to at least know I broadcasted it to the group of people that could make it happen (the SETX Sports Community).

- Here is my Idea -

Southeast Texas has consistently grown in baseball talent and each city has earned a strong/respectable reputation at the High School Level in the eyes of the State.  It's no secret that we do live in (and contribute to) a "hot bed of talent" in this area.  Playing college baseball is no longer a far-fetched goal for ball players that live here - and we even help populate Major League Baseball!

So we all KNOW the competitive talent is HERE.  Along with having alot of talented players here, we have an incredible number of "Select Teams" of all different age groups.  Each of the teams have respectable talent.  While some have more than others, WE CAN ALL HELP EACH OTHER GET BETTER!

I would like to try and start a "14U Community" (Why 14U? Simply because I coach a 14U team and this is where I can contribute to this cause)

Let's gather all the 14U Teams in this area and connect them with each other.  No I'm not saying "trade players" or even "level the talent on teams" -- NO.  But we can practice/scrimmage/play AGAINST EACH OTHER.

If the talent is what I believe it to be, then by simply setting up scrimmages regularly against each other we can get even more out of practices.  We all know the best practices and habits come from literally PLAYING the game.

So why can't we make it happen?

The way I figure it, Coaches that are interested - let's exchange numbers and emails (mine is listed at the closing of this post)  I personally believe that the most effective way to progress the talent in young players is by having more and more experience in 'In Game Settings.'

Is this not an ideal way to prep for a tournament?  Have your team actually play a game or 2 during the week so they aren't 'Cold' for Game 1 of the tournament?  Plus, you're only driving 30 miles MAX to play these games against solid talent.

Trying to develop a pitcher or two? (I know I am!)  What better practice than to actually PITCH against a real batter to work on pitches?

In my mind, the possibilities are limitless and It doesn't even have to be full games.

During the week, we can bring a couple of pitchers to pitch against your team.  I'm working pitching by using your batters, and you can work hitting by using our pitchers throwing live.

(I know I've rambled on, but I hope you see what I'm trying to describe)

I truly believe that if we gather together (we can even loosely call it a 'SETX 14U League') and expose our teams to the most true 'Game Scenarios' we possibly can - we will only be helping each get better.

- If you are still reading this -

Thank you for hearing me out.  If I'm talking crazy then I apologize.  I just think with the number of teams in this area, it's crazy for us NOT to be playing against each other regularly.

Please, offer feedback and let me know!  Coaches I hope to hear from any and all of yall!  Good Luck with your team in the upcoming Select Baseball Season!

- BJ Myers -
[email protected]

P.S. It doesn't specifically have to be a 14U team.  Give or Take a year or so is fine - The overall goal is to get us TOGETHER.  If this works - think of what High School Baseball in SETX will be in 3-5 years???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder