22-AAA Scores

Guest demup

District play is almost here. What are your thoughts on the contenders and pretenders?

From what I've heard, Coldspring is the cream of the crop right now and everyone else has a shot at the next two spots. Agree/Disagree?

They have lost to some pretty stiff comp. Do you disagree that they are the favorite?

Nobody has said much about Cleveland. From what I've heard, they could take the whole thing or stay home.

When it comes district time, non district records go out the window, Cleveland and coldspring have played some good teams, and so have Tarkington and Splendora, this district race could be close all the way through. I know for a fact Tarkington and Splendora both have excellent coaches who will have their teams ready to compete in district

Guest allsportsfan

Tarkington is very disciplined. They are good until their guards get in foul trouble. That seems to be what I saw anyway.

If Splendora beat Goodrich that will boost their confidence.

Liberty lost to Conroe Oakridge like 54 - 27 - I think they were an average 5A team.  Liberty can make some noise if they play their offense and defense and not convert to street ball.  Unfortunately they normally do not run their offense well.  They seem to break apart at key points in the game.  Decent talent just not well disciplined. And they turn the ball over way too much.

Tarkington is going to have to prove themsleves to me - they are a decent team prior to district every year then Collapse when district starts.  They have done this in football and basketball.  If you compare the teams that Liberty and Tarkington have played the scores are pretty close to the same - and Liberty is picked dead last or thereabouts.  I think is will be:

Coldsprings - though they only beat Anahuac by 4 and Liberty beat them by 30

Splendora

Cleveland

Coach Vela must really be pushing all the right buttons in Splendora.  To beat Goodrich twice in a week was impressive, but the message that was sent by the 18-point beating of Cleveland is loud and clear.  The Wildcats are for real, and they may have put themselves in the position of being the 22-3A favorites.  If they beat Tarkington on Tuesday, look out...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed