Whos next at Permian?

Yes, for those that recall, Faircloth left for PNG in late January early February that year. Then Allman (the Permian Head Coach) left unexpectedly in March for Westlake. The Permian folks were peeved because had they known Allman was leaving they would have retained Faircloth.
Faircloths 2-8 record this year would have an impact on most positions, but probably not at Permian.
I hope he stays, but wouldn't be suprised if he at least applied. It is a premier job in HS football nationwide. Of course Allman left for Westlake and a huge paycheck and he graduated from Permian, so I'm not sure what they pay. I would have thought that they would have tried to match Westlakes $125K per year (which was at the time the top in texas) to keep Allman since he had helped re-build that program back into a power. He won a state title his first year at Westlake and just lost in the semis last week this year, while Permian has dropped back, so Permian probably should have ponied up!

[quote name="lu cards" post="1356814" timestamp="1355936873"]
permian is not the school it once was.i doubt faircloth would apply for the job.
[/quote]
It pains me to say it and I'll probably get alot of heat from those that wear the purple tinted glasses, but the same could be said about PNG!
Faircloth and Allman prooved a few years back that Permian still has the athletes and resources to compete for a 5A State Title with the right coaches. As someone with some ties to the Odessa area I can tell you that with the two 5A schools in Odessa, given the right coaching staff, Permian can and will get the top athletes from both for football. You are talking about the top football players from a combined enrollment of 5500-6000 students all at one school. Could westbrook compete for a state title each year with a good staff and getting the football talent from around Beaumont...Yes.

png will have a better shot at a title in the next 3 to 4 years than permian.imo.i really like the talent we got coming up.dont see gaines leaving permian with anything in the pipeline.not saying faircloth wouldnt leave for the right job.he proved that last year by interviewing for the kerrville job.we all know he wants to get closer to home but odessa isnt that close either.

Will Faircloth apply for the job? I would be shocked if he didn't, and you can't blame him if he does.

Will Faircloth be a finalist for the job and get an interview? I wouldn't bet against it.

Will Faircloth get the job? I don't see how. I have immense respect for Coach Faircloth. I think he's a great coach and that he'd do extremely well with Permian if he were HC there. I'm fully aware of the fact that Permian was the last school he coached at before PN-G, that he's well like there and has many ties, I'm sure, left within the district and community. But it's hard to take one of the state's premiere HC jobs coming off a 2-8 season and going up against what will undoubtedly be an outstanding pool of coaching candidates.

I beg to differ Smitty. This past season was bad we will all agree, but his second season the team went three deep and gave a huge Manvel team all they could handle. Third year we lost on the toe of a once in a lifetime kicker. His playoff record is 3-3 (not bad). Also he has had good coaches on staff that have helped to mold solid programs at the Middle Schools, which I think we are starting to see payoff now at the JV and Freshman levels and most of us expect to see on the Varsity level beginning next season.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1357583" timestamp="1356115061"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=107616.msg1357574#msg1357574 date=1356113688]
http://panews.com/sports/x2056563700/PN-Gs-Faircloth-may-attract-interest-from-Permian
[/quote]

Thanks Mr BG...now everyone can lay it to rest.
[/quote] Permian has its own problems it needs to fix before they get a bigtime headliner as HC there IMO.

I, for one, am relieved.  Bob West's article in the PA News answered my questions.  Brandon Faircloth is a terrific head football coach, he's an even better man and leader of young men at PN-G, and I am proud that he is leading my alma mater's sports programs for boys.  Very happy to read that he, his wife, and children are happy to be at PN-GISD.  We need to get the indoor practice facility built and continue investing in our teachers, students, school buildings, and facilities.  A high quality or top tier education and solid extracurricular activities programs can go hand-in-hand.  2012 is in the rear view mirror.  It is time to build towards success in 2013, 2014, and beyond (and, let's tighten up that defense while we're at it  ;D).  We are PN-G.

Go Indians.  Peace.

There was plenty of wiggle room in that article to suggest that Faircloth may not officially apply for the job, but if they contact him then he will discuss it. He is not going to "chase" anything. But, if he sought out by the powers that be in Odessa, I would bet a bundle that he atleast considers it. If an interview is requested, he would talk to them.

[quote name="1989NDN" post="1357599" timestamp="1356116378"]
I, for one, am relieved.  Bob West's article in the PA News answered my questions.  Brandon Faircloth is a terrific head football coach, he's an even better man and leader of young men at PN-G, and I am proud that he is leading my alma mater's sports programs for boys.  Very happy to read that he, his wife, and children are happy to be at PN-GISD.  We need to get the indoor practice facility built and continue investing in our teachers, students, school buildings, and facilities.  A high quality or top tier education and solid extracurricular activities programs can go hand-in-hand.  2012 is in the rear view mirror.  It is time to build towards success in 2013, 2014, and beyond (and, let's tighten up that defense while we're at it  ;D).  We are PN-G.

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]

Great Post! Coach Faircloth is like a breath of fresh air at PN-G.

As long as he stays at PN-G, Nederland will be happy.    ;D

[quote name="NDNation" post="1357625" timestamp="1356119128"]
[quote author=1989NDN link=topic=107616.msg1357599#msg1357599 date=1356116378]

Go Indians.  Peace.
[/quote]

Great Post! Coach Faircloth is like a breath of fresh air at PN-G.
[/quote]

11-1, 8-5, 7-4, 2-8.  Like I said -- down hill. 

[quote name="badndn" post="1357502" timestamp="1356099076"]
I beg to differ Smitty. This past season was bad we will all agree, but his second season the team went three deep and gave a huge Manvel team all they could handle. Third year we lost on the toe of a once in a lifetime kicker. His playoff record is 3-3 (not bad). Also he has had good coaches on staff that have helped to mold solid programs at the Middle Schools, which I think we are starting to see payoff now at the JV and Freshman levels and most of us expect to see on the Varsity level beginning next season.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="1358328" timestamp="1356265967"]

[quote author=badndn link=topic=107616.msg1357502#msg1357502 date=1356099076]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Smitty...keep this post for your records and see what you're writing the next 4 years.

All I said was that it's been down hill for the Injun boys.  The record reflects that as a fact.  I give you what is; you give me what's hoped for!    ;)

[quote name="Itiswhatitis" post="1358521" timestamp="1356370294"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=107616.msg1358328#msg1358328 date=1356265967]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Smitty...keep this post for your records and see what you're writing the next 4 years.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="1358628" timestamp="1356502294"]
All I said was that it's been down hill for the Injun boys.  The record reflects that as a fact.  I give you what is; you give me what's hoped for!    ;)

[quote author=Itiswhatitis link=topic=107616.msg1358521#msg1358521 date=1356370294]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=107616.msg1358328#msg1358328 date=1356265967]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

More like you can't pick on Coach Spell at Nederland anymore and need a new target. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder