Reliant Stadium ut/ucla basketball attendance a joke

KF89

Reliant might rethink what sports events they pick for december next year. 2797 people at ut\ucla game sat. & the sports writers at game said that number was generous.i think high school football teams like nederland & katy could have put 15000 fans in reliant just on their side easy. lol! 

[quote name="kf89" post="1352826" timestamp="1355116911"]
Reliant might rethink what sports events they pick for december next year. 2797 people at ut\ucla game sat. & the sports writers at game said that number was generous.i think high school football teams like nederland & katy could have put 15000 fans in reliant just on their side easy. lol! 
[/quote]

No doubt. A couple of years ago Katy and Pearland drew over 41,000 for their playoff game.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1352951" timestamp="1355161862"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=107321.msg1352923#msg1352923 date=1355158184]
Wrong time of year also.
[/quote] They also had two major high school tourneys going on in the area. Just too many things going on without a good product to pitch.
[/quote]
I agree Local Basketball Tournaments and the had a bunch of Football playoff games in the area. 

You have to think that one of the reasons they wanted to host this game was to have a run through for NCAA tournament action there in the next few years....

It was embarrassing to see so few people there, but with Texas and UCLA both being bad, I can't blame people for not going.... A few years ago when this game was scheduled there, surely no one thought both teams would be that bad...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont