Newton vs Cameron Yoe in the semi finals

+1 good post.  I think that if the Eagles had been challenged even one time during the regular season and playoffs, then they would have had a taste of adversity and maybe could have responded to the challenges of the CY game.  As it was, this game was the only one of the year that they were pushed at all, every other game was lopsided in Newton's favor.
This game's adversity was something entirely new for the 2012 Eagles and trying to respond to something new in the state semi-finals is tough, even for a team as good as Newton.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1355420" timestamp="1355589139"]
Cameron 39-Newton 22, Cameron came out pretty much as I said on def Eight in the box but we didn't pass but a couple of times in the first half (haven't figured that one out yet) I told my wife that if Newton didn't have a 20 point lead by half time we would probably get beat. Our defense is so aggressive that we tend to wear down after 3 quarters. probably some from not having to play over 3 quarters this year and its hard to be that aggressive for any longer with -out rotating these kids  in and out some for a breather. The kids left it all on the field tonight and they played one heck of a game. I hate to see it end for these guys but they were awesome this year.[b] Cameron's defense  had a great game plan holding our offense to only two touchdowns. Cameron's offense had a great game plan mixing the run with the pass ( the slant pass and the deep pass)[/b] You kept our #2 and #3 running the whole game chasing receivers that were decoys. Anyone knows boxing, when your legs go, you are in deep trouble. Again I congratulate the kids on this year, heck of a run, heck of a game. We are proud of you!
[/quote]+1 ........you typed what i was thinking, i'll include that the second 4th down try & miss was the turning point of the game along with the fumble at the end of the 2nd qtr drive that led to a Yoe FG.

sometimes,it just aint your day, when we would have had the safety if not for the face mask penalty. if his hands would have been a few inches higher Newton would have been up 10-0 instead the next play  Cameron went 79 yards for a touchdown and it is 8-8. a ten point swing basically on one play . we committed the foul but i know  the boy that face masked sure didn't mean too,  but for a second you could see the air taken out of the Yoemen. would have,could have and should have don't cut it . It happened and was a big swing for the Yoemen. They won fair and I hope they win it all! JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83