2012 PLAYOFF BRACKET CHALLENGE

Puma42

[b]Welcome to the 2012 Playoff Bracket Challenge![/b] The aspect of this challenge is to predict the winner of each playoff game all the way up to the State Championship game in December. The kicker is, is that you have to fill out your bracket and pick a winner for each game all the way to the State Championship, plus a State Championship score prediction that will go into action in the case of a tie breaker. All this must be done before this [b]Thursday, November 15 at 5 PM[/b]. Miss the deadline? You can still enter a bracket! It will just be marked with an asterisk to note it is a entry that has been submitted after the deadline. [i]This challenge is taking place on a different website.[/i] [b][u]It is completely free![/u][/b] Sign up is very simple. All that is required is your [u]email address, a name [b](I used the same one as I have on here, BigRed42)[/b], and a password.[/u] After you sign up, you can enter one bracket or all the brackets! [u]We will have 5A Div. I & II, 4A Div. I & II, and 3A Div. I & II.[/u] [b]All rankings are according to the Week 11 AP poll.[/b] Enter one or enter all! It's your choice! Here are the links for the following brackets:

5A - Division I: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=436642

5A - Division II: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=436664

4A - Division I: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=436674

4A - Division II: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=436733

3A - Division I: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=436736

3A - Division II: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=436738

[u][b]Directions for predicting your bracket:[/b][/u]
Just click on the link(s) above, then click on the bracket link, then click the link at the top of the page that says "Predict It!". After this you will be prompted to register to the website, go ahead and do so. After you pick your winners for the first round, you must press enter at the bottom of the page to advance to the next round and predict the winners of the next round. [b][u]DON'T FORGET TO ENTER A SCORE FOR THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FOR TIE BREAKER SCENARIOS!![/u][/b]

[u]You will not be able to view other users brackets and picks until after the deadline of November 15 at 5 PM.[/u] [b]After the deadline, your picks are locked and cannot be changed![/b] You can edit your picks all you want before the deadline.

I hope everyone enjoys this new challenge!! Best of luck!

Couple of updates:

Just found out that the [i]deadline is set for Thursday, November 15 @ 5 PM in Pacific Time.[/i] There is no way I can change this, so for [u]Central time[/u] that makes the deadline the same day at [u]7 PM[/u].

[u][b]This is the scoring format that the website provides:[/b][/u]

Each predictor's score is determined by adding 1 point for each correctly predicted first round game, then doubling for each additional round, e.g. 2 points for 2nd round games, 4 points for 3rd round, and so on. Tie breakers are usually based on date/time completed, awarded to the earliest prediction.

[b]As for the last sentence, the tiebreaker we will use is not going to be based on date/time completed. It will be based on the score prediction of your State Championship game. I hope you remember to enter a score for that last game!![/b]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1327981" timestamp="1352704391"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106159.msg1327974#msg1327974 date=1352702589]
i got some shockers on mine!  :o
[/quote]

PNG = "No Playoffs"
[/quote]you gonna be surprised how far i got Brenham making it.  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1327984" timestamp="1352705395"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=106159.msg1327981#msg1327981 date=1352704391]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106159.msg1327974#msg1327974 date=1352702589]
i got some shockers on mine!  :o
[/quote]

PNG = "No Playoffs"
[/quote]you gonna be surprised how far i got Brenham making it.  8)
[/quote]

I got a few shockers in mine as well.  Especially 4A D1.

Couple of updates:

Just found out that the [i]deadline is set for Thursday, November 15 @ 5 PM in Pacific Time.[/i] There is no way I can change this, so for [u]Central time[/u] that makes the deadline the same day at [u]7 PM[/u].

[u][b]This is the scoring format that the website provides:[/b][/u]

Each predictor's score is determined by adding 1 point for each correctly predicted first round game, then doubling for each additional round, e.g. 2 points for 2nd round games, 4 points for 3rd round, and so on. Tie breakers are usually based on date/time completed, awarded to the earliest prediction.

[b]As for the last sentence, the tiebreaker we will use is not going to be based on date/time completed. It will be based on the score prediction of your State Championship game. I hope you remember to enter a score for that last game!![/b]

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1328114" timestamp="1352732085"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=106159.msg1328053#msg1328053 date=1352728189]
2012 STATE CHAMPS!!

5A DIV1- Coppell
5A DIV2- Katy
4A DIV1- Lancaster
4A DIV2- Humble Summer Creek
3A DIV1- Stephenville
3A DIV2- Navasota
[/quote]

SC is 4A D1.
[/quote]

I know...it was early this morning when i made my picks

You will be able to see my full bracket on Thursday but here's my [b]State-semis[/b] & [b]State title[/b] predictions

[b]5A D1 State-Semis [/b] 

SLC vs Mesquite

NS vs Judson

SLC over NS to win State

[b]5A D2 State-semis[/b]

Abilene vs Austin Westlake

PAM vs Steele

Abilene over Steele to win State

[b]4A D1 State-semis[/b]

Aledo vs Sherman

Dayton vs Leander

Sherman over Leander to win State