1A D1 Region 3 playoffs

Timpson and HD have a chance to get to the semi as well. Bosqueville is 9-0 and they could quite possibly be the best team in the region. We will see next friday when they play Mart. Overall this region is loaded and there is no telling what's gonna happen. Should be alot of fun to see how it plays out.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1318545" timestamp="1351958497"]
Timpson and HD have a chance to get to the semi as well. Bosqueville is 9-0 and they could quite possibly be the best team in the region. We will see next friday when they play Mart. Overall this region is loaded and there is no telling what's gonna happen. Should be alot of fun to see how it plays out.
[/quote]

Timpson and HD are not that good...

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1318545" timestamp="1351958497"]
[/quote]
Negative, Timpson and HD have no chance. It will be fun to see how bad SA whips the rest of the teams on the way to the regional final.

[quote name="LoyalBobcat" post="1318825" timestamp="1351979066"]
Dang, no sense in even playing the game huh. I'll see if I can get the coach to forfeit the game, then we can all bow down and sing praises to the god like san augustine wolves. Better yet lets just go ahead and crown them state chumps!! LOL
[/quote]
If HD happens to make it to SA, they will get 50 hung on them. HD is too slow.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1318889" timestamp="1351983865"]
HD will go a couple rounds deep this year.
[/quote]
Without question. They will have a bye. They will have a chance as long as they avoid West Sabine, SA, Alto, and Joaquin.

[quote name="LoyalBobcat" post="1318825" timestamp="1351979066"]
Dang, no sense in even playing the game huh. I'll see if I can get the coach to forfeit the game, then we can all bow down and sing praises to the god like san augustine wolves. Better yet lets just go ahead and crown them state chumps!! LOL
[/quote]

You wont even make it out of the first round in with that chump district you are in. 

We can't chose the district we play in. All we can do is roll through it, which is what we've done. That's why we played a tough pre-district schedule with teams like Groveton, Kountze and Deweyville. The only 1A teams we played were Lovelady and Normangee who were a combined 19-6 last year. We will be ready for Alto if that's who we get in the 2nd round. HD may not win but I promise you it'll be a ball game. We'll be even better next year with 90% of our starters being underclass men. HD Nation!!

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1319069" timestamp="1351991399"]
We can't chose the district we play in. All we can do is roll through it, which is what we've done. That's why we played a tough pre-district schedule with teams like Groveton, Kountze and Deweyville. The only 1A teams we played were Lovelady and Normangee who were a combined 19-6 last year. We will be ready for Alto if that's who we get in the 2nd round. HD may not win but I promise you it'll be a ball game. We'll be even better next year with 90% of our starters being underclass men. HD Nation!!
[/quote]

You are exactly right, HD has done all that they can do with the cards that they were dealt them.  They have handily beat their district opponents thus far.  And you are right Hd is going to play hard because that is what Coach Finney teams do.  Unfortunately for HD they are probably not going to get a fair assessment of their season.  They just have an absolutely tough draw.  To get out of this region HD will have to go through a top 10 ranked team to do it.  For all we know HD could be a top 15-20 team...they just happen to be in a region with 5-6 teams that have all spent significant time in the top 10. 

I agree with everything you said. I'm not saying HD would be the favorite, that they won't be overmatched or that we will win against those teams. I am saying that if HD plays a great game, doesn't make mental mistakes, and creates and capitalizes and a couple turnovers......the Bobcats can definitely pull off an improbable win. Honestly I've watched fame film on SA, Alto, Juaquin and Mart and I think SA has the most top to bottom talent. I think Mart is right there with them. I think HD matches up best with Alto (out of that group) and that's who HD will likely see early on. I'm glad that SA and Mart will most likely be on tge bottom side of the bracket. I think the Bosqueville/Mart loser will take out Joaquin in RD 2.

I'll say this for HD, the best thing they have going for them is who they have as the head coach. It doesn't matter what I think about him, but you have to admit, he can g his kids to play. 

Now as far as who HD is gonna catch, I'd start preparing for the black and gold yellow jackets this week.  They are going to be an angry bunch from here on out for not getting that district championship.  I'll say this, game film doesn't do them justice.  They took it to a whole different level against San Augustine.  Absolutely the most physical game I have seen this year.  There was some serious popping going on. 

The biggest thing when playing against Alto is 1) they are never out of it, but 2) you cannot go cold on offense.  San Augustine had about a 3 series stretch from the last drive of the 1st half to the first 2 of the 2nd and it went from 35-13 to 36-35 in 1 quarter.  And it was 80% Alto's doing and not necessarily SA playing bad. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder