Dont Worry PNG Fans...

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1305770" timestamp="1350762143"]
It's less about any statements about fair weather fans and more about your constant chest beating and cheer leading about the superiority and relative beatification of your fan base.  Bottom line is your fans are fickle in the down years - just like every other school.
[/quote]

Right. ::)

I was around in 1999 and I was around in 2008. I've seen the PN-G fanbase at its best and at its worst. I know firsthand - far better than some Nederland fan who sees us once a year from across the field and might catch a playoff game or two every now and then - exactly how many of our fans are fair-weather fans and exactly how many will stay there until the very end, whether it be a bitter one or a happy one. I've stated here repeatedly that we have plenty of fair-weather fans, just like every other team. I also know that we have many die-hard Indian fans as well who will show up win or lose. And when we are winning, we will put up totals - fair-weather and die-hard - very few schools can even hope to match.

I know some (not all) Ned fans are desperate to find something they can hold over PN-G's head since there isn't much crow to dish out because so few PN-G fans were predicting a PN-G win to begin with, but I'm afraid this just isn't going to cut it. This is a point nobody from PN-G contends against - in fact, it's one that we agreed with days ago. I'm sorry you're not getting the rush you expected out of your win, but beating a dead horse won't help you any.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fascinating.  Even when accepting that this just isn't your year, the arrogance and sense of superiority comes oozing through based on what could occur if you were only winning.  I guess the irony and duplicity of that totally escaped you. 

I would agree with you on one point, this year wasn't very fun.  MCM is definitely better when both teams are competitive and relevant.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1305811" timestamp="1350765402"]
Fascinating.  Even when accepting that this just isn't your year, the arrogance and sense of superiority comes oozing through based on what could occur if you were only winning.  I guess the irony and duplicity of that totally escaped you. 

I would agree with you on one point, this year wasn't very fun.  MCM is definitely better when both teams are competitive and relevant.
[/quote]

Not what could occur my friend, what has occurred. You may call that 'arrogance' or 'superiority,' but I call it being aware of what you've done and what you're capable of doing again.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1305737" timestamp="1350759745"]
Bama Kid:

After sifting through your 'War and Peace' like post, I have an answer to your question:

You.
[/quote]

But Mr. Happy - I know the overall problem.  You've been playing with yourself too much lately. 8)

Not quite sure what 
to make of that last comment, but ok. 

I will say that in 2-3 year it could very well be Nederland's turn to take a few on the chin.  PNG's freshman group is loaded.  If that happens there will be several Ned faithful that won't be near as Gung Ho as they are now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124