Can Anybody Score On WOS??

[quote name="CATS80" post="1293033" timestamp="1349550944"]
[quote author=LCMGrad link=topic=104261.msg1293004#msg1293004 date=1349546678]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=104261.msg1292981#msg1292981 date=1349544944]
Let me throw in that silsbee in fact should have shut outs, against orange feild silsbee's defense had them at 0 til the last quarter when then 2nd teams went in and even then OF had trouble until someone blew off a courage and they took off for 65 yards (just 1 play of the game for them and they scored), lets see .. against buna it should have been another shut out but silsbee's defense caught an interception at their own 2 yard line and the offense (using a rb as a qb, because he was out from a hip injury) had a miscommunication and buna got a safety, then in the last quarter with 1 min left also scored on the 2nd team defense, I believe silsbee is as equal as Wos IMO Wos could have the 4 or 5 D1 players on their defense but IF they keep their 1st team in their the whole game what do you expect? I BET silsbee would have shut out the whole district (because they could easily do it ..if they let their 1st team defense in) And have a head to head battle for 1st place in the last district game, and I promise silsbee WILL score and Wos will not rake up as many points as they have against others, Wos should keep focus game at a time instead of dreaming about what the future holds because it only takes one bad game and that's it, your out (playoff talking of course)
[/quote] I watched LCM play against Silsbee and WOS. It is blasphemy to even compare the two defenses. No way is Silsbee in the same league as WOS.
[/quote]You may Be Right But we are in a league above LCM. ;) 8) ;D
[/quote]

Since LCM is 4A, there are actually in a league above you. ;D

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1293040" timestamp="1349551568"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=104261.msg1293033#msg1293033 date=1349550944]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=104261.msg1292981#msg1292981 date=1349544944]
Let me throw in that silsbee in fact should have shut outs, against orange feild silsbee's defense had them at 0 til the last quarter when then 2nd teams went in and even then OF had trouble until someone blew off a courage and they took off for 65 yards (just 1 play of the game for them and they scored), lets see .. against buna it should have been another shut out but silsbee's defense caught an interception at their own 2 yard line and the offense (using a rb as a qb, because he was out from a hip injury) had a miscommunication and buna got a safety, then in the last quarter with 1 min left also scored on the 2nd team defense, I believe silsbee is as equal as Wos IMO Wos could have the 4 or 5 D1 players on their defense but IF they keep their 1st team in their the whole game what do you expect? I BET silsbee would have shut out the whole district (because they could easily do it ..if they let their 1st team defense in) And have a head to head battle for 1st place in the last district game, and I promise silsbee WILL score and Wos will not rake up as many points as they have against others, Wos should keep focus game at a time instead of dreaming about what the future holds because it only takes one bad game and that's it, your out (playoff talking of course)
[/quote] I watched LCM play against Silsbee and WOS. It is blasphemy to even compare the two defenses. No way is Silsbee in the same league as WOS.
[/quote]

[/quote]Not as far as The score board Goes.  ;D ;D ;D As a matter of fact Liv. is above LCM. and we took care of them also.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1293047" timestamp="1349552015"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=104261.msg1293040#msg1293040 date=1349551568]
[/quote]

[/quote]Not as far as The score board Goes.  ;D ;D ;D As a matter of fact Liv. is above LCM. and we took care of them also.
[/quote]

Using that logic, how do you explain the PNG game? All kidding aside should be a great game in a few weeks. Let's hope both teams continue to take care of business and stay injury free.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1293063" timestamp="1349553582"]
So is this just in WO-S district because I think I remember NED and even PN-G scored on them. Now don't get me wrong those young men are BAD A** but they can and will be scored on. IMO
[/quote]

Haven't played Nederland this year. PNG did score after a kickoff return to our 11-yard line and right before halftime on the last play of the half after a good drive helped with of a couple of costly penalties (they had 27 yards total offense in second half I believe). Yes, we can be scored on..give me a football team that can't be?

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1293060" timestamp="1349553336"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=104261.msg1293047#msg1293047 date=1349552015]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Using that logic, how do you explain the PNG game? All kidding aside should be a great game in a few weeks. Let's hope both teams continue to take care of business and stay injury free.
[/quote]The Logic is PNG was game 0 We droped a few TD passes . But the biggest thing we came out of that game with is what we needed to work on as a team. and that we did. from there we took on LCM with a win. Then Lumberton with domination. Then took on Livingston with a win. Putting 40 plus points on them all. And if you think Livingston is a bad team keep watching them. I say the logic is we learned from our mistakes. and corrected them. Silsbee is no fly by night team. Now we did have an injury to a vital part of Silsbee's offense hopefully it will not be a lasting one. I believe. The rest of the team will hold off the rest of the district as we did last night until this young man heals properly. And prey for no more injuries.  With that said I still think WOS will win . They are a top notch team. But I do not think it will be a shutout. So to answer the thread.  Yes someone will score on WOS in this district

You may have top give WOS the edge in the battle of the defenses but you would also have to give the edge in the offensive battle to the Tigers.  It would be a big suprise for the Tigers to be shut out, too many speedy weapons on that side of the ball just have to give Reed some time.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1293094" timestamp="1349556787"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=104261.msg1293060#msg1293060 date=1349553336]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=104261.msg1293047#msg1293047 date=1349552015]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]The Logic is PNG was game 0 We droped a few TD passes . But the biggest thing we came out of that game with is what we needed to work on as a team. and that we did. from there we took on LCM with a win. Then Lumberton with domination. Then took on Livingston with a win. Putting 40 plus points on them all. And if you think Livingston is a bad team keep watching them. I say the logic is we learned from our mistakes. and corrected them. Silsbee is no fly by night team. Now we did have an injury to a vital part of Silsbee's offense hopefully it will not be a lasting one. I believe. The rest of the team will hold off the rest of the district as we did last night until this young man heals properly. And prey for no more injuries.  With that said I still think WOS will win . They are a top notch team. But I do not think it will be a shutout. So to answer the thread.  Yes someone will score on WOS in this district
[/quote]

Yes, someone will score on WOS in district I agree, it probably will be before Silsbee even plays us. Don't think WOS doesn't respect Silsbee, we do. We expect it to be a close game, just remember we learn from our mistakes as well. Good wins over Livingston and LCM, as far as Lumberton, I think (Sorry L-train fans) they are not in the upper echelon of teams this year. I sincerely hope that Reed is OK and gets back ASAP. Since 2004 we are 5-1 against the Tigers, don't think we have forgotten about that one loss yet.  ;D...Good luck and stay injury free.

Shutting out teams is very hard, and honestly, takes some luck sometimes. Look at a lot of teams. They dominate all game only to be scored on in the last minute because A.The second or third string is in or B. The players are lax because a touchdown doesn't mean a thing. I played on one of the best defensive teams the Stangs have ever had. We had 5 shutouts and the most points we gave up all year was 17 untill lamarqe beat us with 23. Should have had 8 honestly. We beat BC 60-7 and they scored the 7 early in the first quarter because our safety fell down. We beat LCM 15-3 with throwing maybe 2 passes all night and they kicked a fieldgoal late in the game just to say they put points on the board. Then we had Lumberton 33-0 and let them score with 3min left in the game having sophmores on the field. My point is that the only thing that matters is to have more points than the other team. Yes, a shutout is the goal  but not at your starters health at risk.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics