Thoughts about Vidor/Ozen game

[quote name="incognito" post="1294041" timestamp="1349631297"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=104221.msg1293050#msg1293050 date=1349552580]
We've had issues with the QB center exchange all year. Have to get this corrected are it's going to bite us big time. To have [b]7 fumbles[/b] and to lose only 1 is as lucky as you get. Anyone know how many happened on 3rd down to kill a drive?
[/quote]

What Vidor did in the 2nd half was very impressive, but the naked truth is if they don't find a handle on the ball......it WILL hurt them in the near future. This game exposed some things that need work i.e. defensive penalties that keep the D on the field, that has already hurt them on the score board. I support the Pirates I just think they may have dodged a bullet with Ozen. IMO
[/quote]

I agree; but, what heart and coaching!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oxen played good enough to win. However Vidor played better to actually get the win. If Ozen can't close out games and watch the trick plays even when the coaches and everyone are screaming it from the sidelines then there may not be a postseason. But the fact will always remain that they played their heart out and by halftime I was really hoping to see em win homecoming after the Beaumont bowl victory

I gotta hand it to Vidor, their players played hard all game and their overall coaching experience showed up at critical moments in the game! Ozen kids played hard, I believe that when their coaches figure out how to get the ball to their key players in space and not be as predictable on offense, they could do some great things this year! Their defense is solid, but inexperience at QB will make it difficult to run their spread offense! Just my oppinon!

Hats off to the pirates They capitalized when needed. They never gave up but neither did the panthers. Ozen has an exciting group of kids this year and im sure the bitter taste from friday will be in their mouths the rest of the season. both teams will be in the playoffs just wish ozen could have won. it would have made the post season race easier.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292472" timestamp="1349498229"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=104221.msg1292468#msg1292468 date=1349498028]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104221.msg1292441#msg1292441 date=1349497381]
Another heartbreaking loss to the Pirates.  Ozen needs to figure out how to hold the lead, and pull out the close ones.  This game would have pretty much sealed a playoff spot up.
[/quote]

I don't think Ozen will have any trouble making the playoffs
[/quote]
i agree. the only other team i see beating them is Ned. and that isn't for sure.
[/quote]We'll see about that Friday Night ;D ;D

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1294717" timestamp="1349713854"]
Don't overlook the Lions. They are a pretty salty team on both sides of the ball. I was impressed last Friday vs Ned.
[/quote]We know Ozen is a good team and we give them their dues and never overlook them or any opponent we play, but seem we get no respect which is how we like it. Always give us something to play for, because respect is earned and not given. This Friday's game will be a great matchup, speed against speed, our edge will be home field even though our kids perform well where ever they play, they seem to play better at home. Looking forward to a great game which could go either way. 8) 8)   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476