Baytown Lee at Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/GCM wins 36-21!

Guest UHCoog14
Half
GCM.  21
rel.        7

GCM's defense is punishing Zellars. Much more physical this week.

J. Gibson had a 70 yd TD called back on a holding call.

Panama please let us know what your hear about # 3.  Great ball player, i hope he is ok.  Great game last night, i think atmosphere was better than usually but probably had to do with both schools being from Baytown but thats ok. 
The two turnovers that i could remember came on INT's by Zellers, both picked off by #7.  We will need to start off the game faster, like we did vs TC for the rest of district.  It was like we kinda eased in to the game last night.
Good luck to both teams from here on out.

It has them with 2 int's and 2 fumbles.  Wouldn't be the first time the Chron was wrong.
I hope GCM can do something in the playoffs.  I will be rooting for them.  I would just like a Baytown team to be good at some point, preferably Lee, but I am willing to listen to Sterling and GCM being good as well.

Lee just doesn't have a defense is the problem.  The horrible schedule was making it look as if they did.  They have some good defensive backs, but they don't have the goods up the middle to stop running teams.  Rayburn moved up and down the field on them.  When I saw that Rayburn got trounced by Pearland so bad, down 48-0 at the half I believe, is when I started to want to redo my prediction.  Not that I thought Rayburn was good, but I didn't want to believe they were that laughably bad...which then led me to conclude that Lee isn't so hot since they let Rayburn hang around.

Oh well..it was fun while it lasted thinking that Lee might be at least decent again.
Back to pulling for the Texans and Longhorns.

Guest UHCoog14
The four turnovers sounds right. I was wondering what Grandbury had in rushing yards? Had to be close to 200.

rel just did not have the guys in the trenches. GCM stopped themselves with penalties and fumbles. Was not that close.

Jamar Gibson had his best game as a Patriot. He was laying the wood last night. Clearly the most physical player on the field.

Very nice crowd. It was good to see.

Chron - Had Granberry with 13 - 258 i think with 3 TD's

You are totally correct Pat's.  Penalty called back Gibson's TD.  Plus stopped a couple other drives.

Need to clean it up quickly, but keep the high intensity and effort.  A lot of licks laid last night compared to the game vs TC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder